Menu
elliotmartin
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Xbox One/Xbox One S Download Speed on SuperHub 3

Good evening all,

I'm currently experiencing slow download speeds when downloading from the Xbox store, specifically when downloading new games. I'm currently on the vivid 200MB connection package and when testing via a PC with a wired direct connection, I get 205mb as expected (yay!). However when I download on the Xbox I'm limited to 65mb.

I've got no error messages regarding Nat type (it's set to open) and my Upnp is enabled, I've opened all ports that I can (except port 53, as it won't allow me) and have tried both wireless and wired connection (direct from super hub 3, nothing in the way).

Can anyone help at all or shed some light on this? I appreciate it may not seem a big thing but realistically speaking I've downloaded 50GB games in just under an hour on my PC, currently I've got destiny going and it's coming up to an hour and still only just half way. 

The internet connection is not being used at all while downloading, no streaming/connections active.

Once again, any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Kind regards,

Elliot

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox One/Xbox One S Download Speed on SuperHub 3

You will only receive the file at the speed the server where the game files live can send it at. 65 is pretty good for Xbone in my experience.

0 Kudos
elliotmartin
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hmm so it's not possible to get a full 200mb download speed from their servers? When it first started it was at 205mb then it slumped down to 65-75mb.

Would sticking the router in modem mode and buying a decent router help with the speed?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I doubt it would have much impact on speed- irs a good idea though if you can stretch to a fairly decent one as it WILL help with latency and general connection woes if you game...

0 Kudos