Menu
MichaelM1321
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Xbox One Wifi problem

I recently got my new Super hub 2, I have been using it for over a week with no problems on my other devices, when it comes to the Xbox One if just disconnets during every game online. My nat type is open and getting 80mbps yet it's still disconnectin. I contacted Xbox and done all thier troubleshooting solutions without any luck. Does anyone have any ideas ? It works fine on Ethernet but it's rather inconvenient. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox One Wifi problem

Games consoles on WiFi is a bad idea and should be avoided at all costs. 

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
0 Kudos
MichaelM1321
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

100% agree however if the option is there and you're paying for it surely it should work as stated.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No, you are paying for a connection to the hub, no ISP will guarantee wireless speeds due to the many variables outside any ISP's control, just Google poor wireless and you will get around 100 million hits.

Wireless is affected by Range, Interference, Client hardware, the topography of your house to name a few.

0 Kudos
MichaelM1321
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It was working fine on the old super hub on a lower speed, since upgrading it doesn't work. The Xbox is only a few metres away and there is no interference as everything else works with no problems. I also find it strange how there's a lot of people with this same issue.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi MichaelM1321

Welcome to the forum Smiley Happy I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are have been experiencing recently with your Xbox connection when playing online. I've tried to run a few checks on your hub but it's currently switched off. Good to hear that everything is ok when you are using a wired connection. When playing online I'd definitely recommend using an ethernet connection for stability rather than a wireless connection as there are many factors that can affect it. Is there any improvement if you change the wireless channel

Speak soon 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos