Menu
virez
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Xbox One Superhub 3 Wired Connection Issue

Hi there

Currently using a wireless connection but would like to go wired. Have tried plugging the ethernet cable in for the download speeds to rocket up (yay!) but then constanstly disconnect. I believe it's something to do with the ports that Xbox needs being closed or being used elsewhere. If someone who's successfully set up their xbox one on a wired connection can help that would be great!

Thanks

Virez

0 Kudos
brooksy79
Up to speed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox One Superhub 3 Wired Connection Issue

1) Always use a cat5e or cat6e NOT cat5 as its not a full gigabit transfer rate cable.

2) port forwarding can be found here.
https://portforward.com/virgin-media/super-hub-2/

3)if your having dropouts then you may need to call vm
0 Kudos
brooksy79
Up to speed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

What you could also consider doing is buy 305m cable on eBay for around £30-£50, a gigabit switch to then hard wire all your devices and just have phones/tablets wifi that's what I've done and it's flawless
0 Kudos
Taylus
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi ,

I think the original post is regarding the superhub 3 , for some reason it does not allow port forwarding of all required ports for Xbox , mainly port 53 . I have a Cat 6 cable but still have problems with xbox dropping out through wired connection , weird thing is it seems fine on wireless upstairs 30 foot away .! but 2 feet away from router with a cat6 wired connection keeps dropping out ?? .

I had no issues with the Superhub AC2 , could I use superhub 3 in modem mode and then connect the Superhub AC2 to it with an Ethernet lead .

0 Kudos