Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Xbox One S disconnecting from wired connection.

Hi, I have noticed an increasing amount of disconnections or time outs while playing online games such as The Division, Call of Duty: Infinite Warefare & ModernWarfare 3 Remastered. And also Fifa 17 over the last 2 weeks or so.
The Xbox One S is connected via ethernet along with the smart tv and tivo box.

I have several other devices such as ipad mini's Samsung Note 4 and S7 Edge. Laptop all connected wireless with a mix of 2g and 5g connecions.

Any ideas on how to fix this? I have tried rebooting and formating xbox and re-installing games. Checked server status of xbox live and game servers at time it happend and no issues. I alao checked and Nat-Type is Open and im able to download digital games and content fine so connection is there.
0 Kudos
jOANNE01253
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox One S disconnecting from wired connection.

Join the club m8 there seems to be an unhealthy amount of xboxlive connection issues here for it to be an isolated issue for you, I tt play MW2 Remastered and Infinate Warfare and its been unplayable at times.

Let me guess..

"You need a Xbox Live connection" or something on that line keeps popping up after kicking you back to the lobby or worse still back to the logo menu?

Rejoining the Match making service just sits there for ages looking for a game?

Restarting Xbox has a 50/50 chance of solving it for a short while (Usually a couple of rounds) before you get booted out of a top game where you was bossing it lol only to be disconnected haha.. Seriously I've had that happen twice tonight already Smiley Sad
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yeah basically the same thing. I think its an issue with the server side blocking ports or smething along those lines.

I get delta c 1-198 error on division and everwhere i read says something about the SP blocking the Xbox for unlimited use. I have checked the router settings and no evidence of issues that i can see unless i missed it as i was tired when looking lol.
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Still no official response on this. Anyone from virgin that would like to help?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi there 805583,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry to read you are having issues with the Xbox One disconnecting. I can imagine how annoying this must be.

There was an issue in regards to this which you can take a look at this thread for more information > Superhub 2ac Firmware. Can you check to see if this has gone through for you please?

Have you noticed any further disconnections since you last posted?

Let us know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi,
Yeah i checked this and firmware is up to date.

I have noticed my tivo box has started freezing now too so i may need to phone get techbsupport to look into this.

I have also added port forwarding exeptions for the xbox and ubisofts reccomended ports for the division...but still have the issues.
0 Kudos
Diablos
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Same issue here, seems to kick me from Xbox Live for a second or so and is incredibly annoying.

NAT type open for me, ports forwarded, wired connection, 150mb.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi 805583,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your broadband and TV.

I've run a diagnostic on your equipment and I can see a few issues with your signal levels. I'd like to send a technician out to adjust this for you.

I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange an appointment.

Look forward to hearing from you! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
BULLETSPEED77
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Did you get any were with this problem as I have had a similar problem for about 14 months now
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The engineer has been out and put in another booster. This is not an issue with the signals. This is your issue and yet again i have had no call back as prommised.

Virgin are a treating this like this is a joke. They have already admitted to knowing about this issue since april. They have admited a utilisation fault... when pushed for what that is theh reluctantly and finnaly admited to prommising speeds that cannot be provided due to the ammout of people on the lines and this is why the issue is all the time and not just during peak times.

I will ring and ask for a manager yet again tomorrow however if this dose not happen tomorrow and they ask me to wait yet another 72 hours (been waiting since the 25/7), Due to Virgins lack of help and care for the matter i will be forced to speak to ofcom regarding the matter.
0 Kudos