Menu
MBofYork
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Xbox One S cannot download or update - zero upload speed

I got my kids an Xbox One S FIFA17 bundle for Xmas. They cannot use it. It will not download the game. I spent many hours online to Xbox support on Xmas Day and Boxing Day and in the end got the unit replaced at their suggestion. but the problem  was the same with the new box. Using my iPhone hotspot the game started downloading immediately, but obviously very very slowly.

When checking the internet performance on the Xbox it shows a zero uploading speed. I have a fast connection - typically 100mbps download and 15-20 upload. But for the Xbox only it is zero.

I brought the Xbox to my office and downloaded the software and an update, and the game started playing. Problem solved - I thought!

But as soon as I took it home it said an update was required and of course it would not download the update.

My kids are pretty fed up by now! Any thoughts about this problem?

Thanking someone in hopeful anticipation....

0 Kudos
MBofYork
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox One S cannot download or update - zero upload speed

PS

I should have added that I use my Virgin Router in modem mode, WiFi coming via Airport Express and Ethernet via Powerlines.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox One S cannot download or update - zero upload speed

Hi there MBofYork,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry to read you are having issues with the upload speed on the Xbox One S.

I've taken a look at your connection, the line and hub have come back as fine. The network segment is running stable with no issues, which is good.

Have you tried connecting the Xbox either directly to the Super Hub through wired or wireless, without the Airport and Powerlines attached, to see if you get the same issue?

If you complete a speed test through a PC/laptop, what results do you get?

Let us know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos