Menu
MSRStewart
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Xbox One - Poor Performance, Disconnections

Hi All,

Hope everyone is well.

I've been complaining for some time about poor latency and lag while playing both FIFA and COD on Xbox One, but over the last 3 days the connection is dropping long enough to disconnect me from servers and Xbox parties. It's happening consistently enough to be a problem, and I've not managed to finish a game on either one since this started (games last around 20 mins).

The Xbox One is wired (Cat6 Ethernet), but both my better half and myself experience these same problems on all equipment connected wirelessly.

We reported an issue the day we were installed, as in non peak hours we were getting less than a quarter of the advertised speed. We've had an engineer attend, who advised everything looks good despite the poor speeds, however, there was a local issue with Over utilisation.

I complained again last week via chat, and was told by a helpful chap that there was an issue raised for over utilisation that was due to be resolved by the 25th January. Now I'm aware that this could be a "review" date, despite his insistence that this was planned work to resolve the issue. Can I have an update if there is one please?

The lag is making games incredibly frustrating, but now the added dropouts are making this completely unplayable.

I have a super hub 3, and have reset the router to default settings (have previously opened the relevant ports, with no success).

I did also have a 3db attenuator which I've tried in case of a power issue, but it continues to happen. Can someone investigate please and give me some advice on how it can be resolved please.

Thanks

Mike
0 Kudos
001skin
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox One - Poor Performance, Disconnections

I have the same issue, Mine works now and then on the 2ghz wireless connection.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey there MSRStewart,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the problems you're having with the connection to your XBOX, I know it can be frustrating. I can see that you're currently being affected by a fault in your area caused by high demand. The fault ref is: F004347370 and it's due for review on the 15th Feb. XBOX aside, what are your other connections performing like? What speeds are you getting on and off peak?

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
MSRStewart
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Heather, thanks for the reply.

All devices are pretty much the same. Mobiles experience drop outs over wireless, if only for a couple of seconds.

Speeds at peak are consistently 10mb over wireless, and around 7mb/s through the Xbox (ethernet).

Off peak I'll get anything from 10mb to around 90mb. (usually at the higher end after midnight).

Can I ask how long that fault has been open for? And is there plans to upgrade, or is it just due for "review".
0 Kudos