Menu
gwood1912
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Xbox One Lag

Im playing my xbox one and as soon as my dad goes to bed he turns his 360 on to watch netflix and im hit with lag spikes, connection is jittery but only on my xbox one. There both wireless and im on virgins 200mb. When i had sky i had zero issues with this and tht was on 10mb.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox One Lag

Hi gwood1912,

I'm sorry to hear that your Xbox One is suffering from lag spikes when the Xbox 360 is also being used.

I'd recommend setting one of the Xbox's onto a guest network on the hub to see if that helps things at all, there shouldn't be such a conflict with them on separate networks.  Failing that, it might be worth putting onto into DMZ on the hub.  Let me know if you're unsure of how to do that and I can give you some instructions if you'd like to go down that route.

Let us know how you get on Smiley Happy

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
gwood1912
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the suggestion but with it on a guest network there was not any diffrence. Its completely baffled me as its only when the xbox 360 is turned on. Its unplayable, its like 2 steps forward 10 back.

Im not even sure what you mean by DMZ could you elaborate a bit?
0 Kudos
pompeyneil
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I'm no expert but have done this to mine. You have to set up a static up address on your Xbox in the network settings on your Xbox. In the advanced settings you set it to manual then the first line type in your ip number ( normally 192.168.0.1) and change the last number only , up to 250 I think. It is worth writing down the other numbers on the screen when you set to manual as you will have to re input them when changing the ip address. Once you have done that you have to access the superhub advanced settings where you will find DMZ listed, go into that and tick the box that says turn on DMZ and then input the ip number you gave your Xbox and save it. If I haven't explained it simply then search online, it is straight forward. Hope this helps.
0 Kudos