Menu
JustNayWillo
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Xbox One / Ethernet alternative

Hi, I have been having trouble getting my Xbox One to connect to my Super Hub 2ac via WIFI, and I have read up that this is a common problem and the only fix is to connect the console to the Hub via an Ethernet cable. I tried this method and it does indeed work, however it isn't easy to run an Ethernet cable upstairs, which is why I tested the method with my console downstairs with the Hub nearby. I tried to connect my console to my PC via an Ethernet cable and share the connection to my console, but this didn't work. One possibility that sprung to mind was to purchase the Netgear Powerline AV500 which Virgin Media offer for £40, as this has an Ethernet port on the bottom, then connect the Powerline Kit to the Xbox One via an Ethernet cable. Would this work? Or would it only work via an Ethernet cable directly coming from the Super Hub itself? If this isn't possible then I will have to start drilling holes for wires etc, which I would rather not do.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Nathan.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Xbox One / Ethernet alternative

Hi JustNayWillo

Thanks for posting. Using powerline adaptors would work for achieving a wired connection to your Xbox One upstairs and is definitely easier than running a cable through the house. I've done the same for my Playstation 4 as mine was a bit far from the hub. Let us know how you get on Smiley Happy

Hope you have a good weekend.  

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

All Replies
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi JustNayWillo

Thanks for posting. Using powerline adaptors would work for achieving a wired connection to your Xbox One upstairs and is definitely easier than running a cable through the house. I've done the same for my Playstation 4 as mine was a bit far from the hub. Let us know how you get on Smiley Happy

Hope you have a good weekend.  

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

arronlowley
Up to speed
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

the problem is with powerline adapters is if your home wiring is old, your speed will suck, i have this issue so i have to use wireless although my wireless is spot on.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/6c7f9a9f20c4b3cac9edc401f62167c3.html
0 Kudos