Menu
AlexBreary
Tuning in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Xbox One - EA Server Issues

As of the 11th/12th i have not been able to stay connected to any EA Server via my Xbox one.

I as instructed port forwarded for the games and Xbox, setup the DMZ for the Xbox and reset everything (router, Xbox, Game) with no success.

I then contacted EA directly to understand the problem. They suggested a UOT test so identify where the problem is.

UOTA Test.jpg

After looking at the results they have said the issue lies with my ISP and that i should contact you or switch providers. I struggle to understand how randomly things can go so wrong. 2 years everything has been fine with no issues, yet all of a sudden it refuses to work.

I am using vivid 200 on a wireless network - not been an issue before and cant run wired due to location of router.

any suggestions/help would be good before i cancel my package and switch to Sky.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
AlexBreary
Tuning in
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox One - EA Server Issues

I have had a reply from Virgin saying they have an issue with their servers and that i have to wait 48 hours.....

shikariunite
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hopefully it gets resolved.

Can't watch anything, play anything online without the constant interruption. 

0 Kudos
EL9916
Dialled in
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Been having problems playing battlefront last night, kept getting lagged out, only managed to get one full game in before I gave up and went to something else.

0 Kudos
jOANNE01253
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Been having issues with Infinite Warfare last couple of days, disconnections.. can't find hosts etc keeps saying I need a connection to play online lol

0 Kudos
Superdazuk
Joining in
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi my family started having the same issue on Xbox live .how ever if you can get a Ethernet cable from the hub to your Xbox it fixes the issue until virgin fix why the wifi keeps dropping out and booting us out .

0 Kudos
AlexBreary
Tuning in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Yeah I tried that worked for a while but not that practical trying to run a cable round my house just to use the Xbox.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi All,

Sorry to hear of the X-box live connection problems, we're currently looking into what the issue might be, it would be helpful if you could you please try dropping your Hub into modem mode  and let us know if this improves things (appreciate this may be difficult if you're not able to run a wired connection).

Many thanks

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
AlexBreary
Tuning in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I had looked at that, but just not practical at the moment.

Can you give any more details as to what the issue is? Seems like lots of people are having this issue without any real clarity as to what has caused this sudden problem......

Find it pretty annoying that you pay significant money for a high speed connection yet there is still the need to port forward/DMZ and even change the router to a modem just to play an Xbox game. Makes it worse that others on the slower Sky connection are having no issues.

Omar7733
Dialled in
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media will say that there is outage in your area and they will tell you that this is why you are having problems connecting to EA Servers, this is not true and pls don't believe it. I'm having this problem for so many months now even when the fault has been fixed I'm still getting high ping on my trace route and getting severe lag when I'm playing online games. It is how Virgin Media are connecting to EA Servers this where the problem is it's got nothing to do with the SUPER HUB 3 or outages or anything like this. The best thing to do is whenever they tell you there is an outage in your area ask for credit back to your account this way it will give them a kick in the a *** and hopefully they will fix this issue for all of us. I have VIVID 200 gamer one of the "so-called" best and most expensive packages out there  and I can't even play FIFA 17 properly because of the severe lag on their website they say "Boss Level broadband for online gamers" - What kind of Boss-Level is this when I can't even connect properly to the game servers whenever else on other networks can. "Keep your head in the game," "Share when your winning" and "Feel unstoppable."   "Vivid 200 gamer comes with totally unlimited broadband and absolutely no traffic management. That mean's we'll never slow you down, even in the evenings and weekends." Seriously they are just ripping people off. 

AlexBreary wrote:

I had looked at that, but just not practical at the moment.

Can you give any more details as to what the issue is? Seems like lots of people are having this issue without any real clarity as to what has caused this sudden problem......

Find it pretty annoying that you pay significant money for a high speed connection yet there is still the need to port forward/DMZ and even change the router to a modem just to play an Xbox game. Makes it worse that others on the slower Sky connection are having no issues.

0 Kudos