Menu
appleUK
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Xbox One Disconnecting When Joining Match

Hello,

We have 2 Xbox ones in our house and for the last 2 days both have been unable to play a online game without disconnecting within 5 minutes, both Xbox are connected to the 5g and have been for the last 2 years or so with no issues.
I rang virgin twice and said they were going to change the frequency or something but that didn't work, rang up again and got a lady reading of a script that was absolutely no help.
After reading online I made a guest account under settings followed other forum posters instructions but no help, there have been no new devices connected to our router and the speed test showed the connection was fine.
This is a virgin super hub 2, also when I switch to 2.4g it runs for about 20 minutes before disconnecting.

This is clearly a issue that virgin won't admit too

PLEASE someone help i will be forever great full
0 Kudos
Ruthdamo1974
Settling in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox One Disconnecting When Joining Match

I'm having same issue did u get urs resolved? Do we need t play wired😦
0 Kudos
Brache123
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

We have same issue here too .... And seems there are lots of threads with exactly the same problem yet no virgin responses or explanations as to what is wrong and when they will fix it !!! Two very very grumpy fed up kids in this house today
0 Kudos
Ruthdamo1974
Settling in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

So annoying does ur xbox work if wired then ? Guess thts what we will need t do till its fixed
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi appleUK, 

Welcome to the forums, I am sorry to see you have had trouble when you are trying to connect to Xbox live. 

I would love to look into this further but I am having a little trouble finding your connection details, I will pop you a PM to get some more information and we will take it from there. 

Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos