Menu
jOANNE01253
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Xbox Live using SuperHub3 Wired disconnections

Not sure if starting a new thread was needed but the other thread seems to be more related to the wireless superhub 2.

I using neither so thought I'd ask what I should do?

Do I ring up or is it the same issue as other thread,  it sounds like it is the same issue so my question is should I be ringing them up and expecting a discount til its fixed or do I need a new modem..

Don't know what to do.

0 Kudos
jOANNE01253
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox Live using SuperHub3 Wired disconnections

You can't make this stuff up...

Rang Support,  So apparently Virgin media don't support mutable consoles and this is the reason for my issues.  Well glad we sorted that out, how silly of me to think it was the network! And it only took 2 calls and 1 disconnection and one 10 minute hold to come to that conclusion.

Oh wait.. I've been a customer for many years and this issue has only arisen since about 2-3 weeks and I've had mutable consoles for 10+ years and the problem exists even when it's just me playing and not my kids on their consoles.

No matter what I said he didn't understand and said it was all because I have 5 consoles..

He's not wrong,  We have 3 Xbox Ones and 2 Xbox 360's but of course we are not all online at once. In fact the 360's are used just for Netflix and the 3rd Xbox for Minecraft.  Did I mention I've been running this kind of setup for 10+ years I.E mutable consoles, PC's Serviio Media Server you name it but it seems I don't know what I'm talking about.

Needless to say I gave up.

0 Kudos
jOANNE01253
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Still losing my connection constantly on this sh3  Smiley Sad

I'm considering if they will let me downgrade back to the 2ac now its had an update?

Everything was fine before they updated my modem!

0 Kudos
jOANNE01253
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Finally got through to someone but unfortunately his suggestion (adding my console to the DMZ) and my sons console port forwarded has made no difference Smiley Sad

He said give it the weekend, but already I've been kicked off multiple times to the point it's even asking if I own the game (Doe's this if you own the digital version and can't verify online)

So still unable to play.

I'm using the Super Hub 3 Wired with it's IP address added to the DMZ and it's also using a Reserved IP for those wanting to know.

My question: Is this the Puma 6 chip set issue which causes lag and spikes etc or something else since I'm actually losing my connection?

0 Kudos