Menu
Alexofsmeg
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Xbox Live issues with "super" hub 3

Recently got sent the new "super" hub 3. Ever since, I have had issues with Xbox live. At first I thought it was isolated to sky players. I can't stream anything for more than 10 minutes without the connection dropping and being signed out of xbox live. Now it's started happening in games too, so I've been losing loads of games of fifa because of it!

I use a wired connection to the xbox. I have discovered that I can't even open half the ports in the router settings that optimise xbox live. what a joke! Will my old hub still work or did it get deactivated when I activated this one? I want to go back to the old hub that worked!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox Live issues with "super" hub 3

Sorry to hear about this Alexofsmeg,

I've located your account and based on the readings received, I'd like to arrange an engineer visit to investigate further.

I've sent you a private message so that we can chat some more about this,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
aidy1972
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox Live issues with "super" hub 3

I had nothing but issues with Xbox Live and Virgin Media SuperHub 3. House mate and I have an Xbox One each. If we try and play GTA Online together, either one or both of us would get kicked off. Sometimes the whole server got kicked and one of us stayed! My console has always been hard wired, his on wireless (cable not an option).

Upgrading to the 200Mbs and getting that damn SH3 was the worst thing I've EVER done! I got so fed up with lack of support I bought a £36 Router from Novatech. While I don't get the full speeds like I would using "Super"Hub (On a good day I get around 90MBS down and 10-15MBS up) the connection is solid, and most importantly NAT is always reporting as "Open" on both consoles. NAT was also a huge issue using SuperHub3 always reporting Strict or Moderate on console. Even the console that was on the DMZ mode! SIDE NOTE: Ping has never been an issue (gotta give them one positive here!)

If hitting the advertised speeds isn't an issue, try a separate router and put the StupidHub3 into modem mode.

Mind you, I DID buy cheap on the Network Cables. That could be my issue where speeds are concerned. If you only have the one console and have the network cable that came with it you may be good speed wise.

I read something several months on the VM forums about a patch for the Hub and vaugely recall Xbox Live being mentioned. I've yet to try out the Hub as it's intended since getting the Router and reading that post but given your post, I'm assuming it's not worth crawling behind furniture and re-routing cables to give the SH3 another chance as a router!

0 Kudos