Menu
jamesm2
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Xbox Live disconnecting on 1 of 2 Xbox (SuperHub 3)

Using the Super Hub 3 and have two Xbox in the house, both connected by Wi-Fi. At the same time, one can play online with zero disconnections, the other disconnects multiple times over a short period of time (couple of hours). It’s always the same Xbox dropping out.

At first I thought it was the Wi-Fi coverage so bought an extender, which has not fixed the issue. The signal strength always shows as full, but when its drops and you search for a network, the Xbox states it can’t get an IP address. To get back online you have to go through the whole WiFi set-up again or re-starting the Xbox.

So have read the multiple threads on Xbox dropouts, but can’t understand what would cause one to be ok and not the other (or any other device in the house). Is this a configuration problem or should I get the Xbox changed?

Any advice appreciated, as I have one happy child and one tearful one!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Xbox Live disconnecting on 1 of 2 Xbox (SuperHub 3)

Neither.

Any router with a simple NAT implementation will have this issue..

Some people have had success with one wired and one wireless. If that doesn't work for you, you need a router confirmed by Microsoft to work with multiple Xbones LAN side. Any router you can flash to DD-WRT will work once flashed as well.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Neither.

Any router with a simple NAT implementation will have this issue..

Some people have had success with one wired and one wireless. If that doesn't work for you, you need a router confirmed by Microsoft to work with multiple Xbones LAN side. Any router you can flash to DD-WRT will work once flashed as well.

0 Kudos
jamesm2
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Kippies.

So would the same Xbox always have the problem? I would have thought either would suffer, that's what's confused me.

I'll give wiring the bad one a go.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yup, the issue is the router trying to talk to two Xboxes on the same interface. So one will work and one wont, neither Xbone is faulty.

If youve any doubts, test each on their own just to make sure, but 99/100 its the issue above.

0 Kudos