Menu
sampedersen96
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Xbox Live constantly kicking from network - Hub 3

Our household has recently switched from Sky to VM Broadband and I've since experienced consistent connection issues to my Xbox One S.

I'll be in the middle of a game/streaming media and will be disconnected out of the blue, but to re-connect I have to restart my console as it's always deemed 'unavailable', though when I return to the system it'll be fine (until it happens again). There's no pattern in frequency either really, just whenever it pleases.

All other devices in the house have been fine, and in some instances it seems the Xbox is kicked from connection as soon as another device connects (this isn't confirmed though there's been many coincidences). I've spoken to VM's team on the phone twice, they've advised things such as hard-wiring the connection though this isn't doable as my router is downstairs whereas I'm set up upstairs - besides, is that not what we have wireless routers for? I've also changed the position but not much has changed.

VM team have even remotely accessed my routers settings and set rules to suit my Xbox's IP though again not much is changing this.

I'm confident that this is a connection issue and not a hardware issue as my connection was perfectly fine during our subscription to Sky and never have I experienced this problem before.

Has anybody experienced this recently, or know of a solution? I've been thinking of purchasing a Powerline signal booster, but obviously I'd prefer to find an answer before spending money.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox Live constantly kicking from network - Hub 3

Hi sampedersen96,

I'm honestly sorry for the disappointment with your Xbox wireless connection since joining us. But thanks for posting on our Forum and giving us a chance to help - welcome to our Community Smiley Happy

The first thing I'd like to do is to check out your connection to see if there's anything awry with the Hub itself or on the network. I shall need some additional information from you to enable me to locate your Hub, so please reply to my PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page) and I'll see what I can do to help Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos