Menu
Boygroucho
Tuning in
Message 11 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox 1 slight lag include BQM

There has been a small kerfuffle with my "senorfunkypants" username...so now I am using kidgroucho.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 12 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi Boygroucho, 

Thanks for getting in touch, I am sorry to see that you you have had trouble with your connection. 

I have gotten a little confused with the name change but I am assuming you wanted us to take a little look so I have done so. 

Firstly it seems you are affected by fault ref F005831938 for slow speeds at peak times the current review date is 17 OCT 2018. 

Secondly your downstream power levels are too low which will not be helping outside of peak hours. The upstream power levels are also too low. 

Thirdly your modem SNR is a little borderline, long story short I would like to get an engineer out to take a look for you. 

I will pop you a PM to get this arranged. 

Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope top right hand corner. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Boygroucho
Tuning in
Message 13 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Replied by PM

thanks

0 Kudos
Boygroucho
Tuning in
Message 14 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Update:

An engineer visited today to look at my low downstream power levels.

He swapped out a couple of splitters but the lowest downstream power level remained unchanged at around -7.7

So he added a mains powered amplifier which brought up the lowest power level to -5.7

Is adding an amplifier a normal fix?

Anyway, unsurprisingly nothing seems to have changed.

The BQM is unchanged as is the Puma 6 test....as is my gaming quality.

So looks like pastures new for me.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/view/44582d025f9aa7d4fa3e85d3224560b2973...

0 Kudos
richto
Tuning in
Message 15 of 21
Flag for a moderator

@Dave_cqwrote:

Downstream power of -5 dBmV is very low, -6 being the acceptable minimum, so there may be an issue there.  Can you post all of the Upstream and Downstream data please.

As for the BQM that max latency is very bad.  Here is my latest BQM.  Interesting that we both experienced that blip in Min latency between around midnight and 4 am.  Wonder what that was all about?

BQM 060218.jpg

You have an SH2 AC. His latency is normal for an SH3 on current firmware.

There is a firmware update currently in trial that improves things a bit. Notably it seems to fix the UDP packet loss.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 16 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi Boygroucho, 

Thanks for getting back in touch, I am sorry to see that you have continued to have trouble with your connection. 

There is still an open fault for slow speeds at peak times ref F005831938, The current review date is 17 OCT 2018. 

I can see you are still on the old firmware we have applied the test firmware to a number of hubs, and when trials are completed will carry out national updates.

Take care. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Boygroucho
Tuning in
Message 17 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply.

Is there any hint of an idea when the firmware update will go nationwide?

Hanging in for a week or so is one thing but if its an unknown wait which could be months or never, is something else.

You'd think that to save losing the best part of 500 quid a year, someone would just send me the SH2ac I keep asking for.

But anyway, I've changed over all my old ntlworld email addresses and am just waiting for openreach to confirm that I can get decent BB at my address then I'm good to go.

BTW I was told by BB support and Customer services that there was a high utilisation issue in my area which would be resolved by 21 feb 2018...but having been given information in the past that wasn't even vaguely on nodding terms with reality, I've not got my hopes up. 

Cheers

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 18 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi Boygroucho, 

Many thanks for getting back in touch, unfortunately I do not have a time frame for the firmware update sorry about that, I did ask to double check but there has been no information forthcoming on this. 

The current information I have for the slow speed issue is that the review date is 17 OCT 2018. The previous review date was around February but has since been updated. Apologies for this. 

I hope this helps to explain what we can see from this side a little more. 

Take care. 

Emma

0 Kudos
richto
Tuning in
Message 19 of 21
Flag for a moderator

The target is apparently 3 weeks for the trial and then a national rollout over circa 3-4 weeks once the results have been assessed.

0 Kudos
Boygroucho
Tuning in
Message 20 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I applied to be part of the BB trial but didn't get taken on...being in the wrong area probably didn't help.

0 Kudos