Menu
Any1else
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Xbox 1 dropping connections

We have an Xbox one and when we set it up I opened all the necessary ports on the Superhub. We found that the connection wasnt all that stable when playing it over WiFi and it dropped off every few hours. This was very frustrating and took a few restarts/resets before the Xbox would even see the SSID again. It got so bad that I bought a Powerline adaptor and we are using the wired connection now but still experiencing issues. The Xbox will still periodically lose the connection and I will have to either restart the Superhub or the Powerline adaptor. This is a pain in the backside because my son is getting upset that his friends can play ok but we have a connection that drops off all the time. He is forever asking me to reset something so he can play.

We have no issues with anything else connected to the Wifi or on the main pc in the house that is wired to the Superhub.

I checked the open ports again last night and set up a DMZ for the Xbox but he was disconnected twice tonight.

I have asked him to revert to the WiFi tomorrow to see if it is any better but I wondered if anyone else can offer some insight. I see there are MANY posts on the forum about this issue but I cant see anything that is helpful or that I havent tried already.

0 Kudos
redridinghood
Up to speed
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox 1 dropping connections

ok.when you first set the xbox one up did you have a moderate or strict nat type.

0 Kudos
Any1else
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks for the reply. I just checked and the NAT is set to "open".

Should it be something else? Does it matter what it is if we are using a wired connection?
0 Kudos
redridinghood
Up to speed
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

ok.wired is best option.can only see the point in using dmz or port forwarding if the nat type was moderate or strict in the first place.have you tried disabling the port forward rules and the dmz dont forget to save changes.enable upnp reboot everthing hub and xbox one.and only use the power line adaptors. no wireless. a friend of mine had similar issue in the end it turned out that he had been changing and adding things to the router that didn't need changing. all the hope of a better xbox connection

0 Kudos
Any1else
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

No problem. Will try that. Ive deleted the port fowarding, disabled the DMZ and made sure the upnp is enabled. (Still kept the static IP). Rebooted the router and xbox. Will try this out for a day or two and see if it makes a difference. Thanks for your reply.
0 Kudos
Any1else
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Well it worked for 10 minutes and then dropped the connection. I reset the router, the Powerline and the Xbox and it seems to be ok for now.

Anyone at Virgin care to comment?

0 Kudos
Jacevoor77
Up to speed
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Had the same problem on superhub 2ac as just brought a Xbox one s model amount of times battle front kicked me off and the sign in . Had to dig out a 3rd party router and put the hub in modem mode works miles better
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Any1else,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

Sorry to read you are experiencing intermittent connection on the Xbox 1.

I've taken a look at your connection, the line and hub have come back as fine.

Does the disconnections happen on all games or just certain ones?

Have you tried a connection from the Xbox directly to the Super Hub to see if you get the same issue?

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Any1else
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Samanth_L

Responding to your queries - the disconnection occurs on any game, there is no pattern to it. A direct connection is not feasible as they are on different floors.

I feel I have tried everything but the connection is still dropping now and again and frustration levels are high. You will see that the hub has been reset several times over the past few weeks. I may have to resort to buying a 3rd party router.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hey Any1else,

Thanks for a quick reply Smiley Happy

I completely understand how frustrating this problem is.

Sam asked about wired connection so we could establish if this is a connection fault, or just an issue caused by wireless interference / powerline issues.

Are you able to hard-wired just for testing purposes?

Speak soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos