Menu
xlolitzrichy
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Xbox 1 Disconnect problems.

Hi, so the basic problem is that I am getting disconnected from Xbox live games constantly. Every time I reconnect it lags me out again.

I am using a wireless connection for both my Xbox and my PC, which are beside each other upstairs whilst my router is downstairs. I get 150+Mbps download on my PC and only 4Mbps download ,on my Xbox One. My latency is also very high on the Xbox one.

Apart from moving to a wired connection is there any other options to fix the issue?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox 1 Disconnect problems.

Hi xlolitzrichy,

Welcome to our Forum though apologies for the gaming disconnects. I think you know that I'm going to suggest a wired connection Smiley Happy It offers a stability and speed that cannot, for the most part, be achieved wirelessly.

I appreciate that this may not be possible given your current setup so I would advise that you seek to optimise your wireless signal and, if that doesn't help, consider alternatives such as powerline adaptors.

I'm fairly certain that the Xbox speed test isn't hugely accurate so I wouldn't rely on that for a true reflection of the speeds you can achieve.

With regards to the latency issue, does this affect you at any particular time of day?

And is broadband performance in general less than optimal?

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos