Menu
kountzero
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Xbone ps4 online gaming hell!

Wired connection, all port trigger ranges done for both consoles, Tried a dmz but none of the above work without constantly being kicked from elder scrolls and never winter servers. Running a v3 hub after years of being on a 2ac successfuly until last November when all this began.

Downstream levels were flakey on old hub thought the new one was behaving but, now online gaming is nigh on impossible now. Seriously annoyed the network can't handle all the new customers.

Phone support script readers ("have you Complained to the game company", yeah right lol} are a waste of time. I've been a customer since ntl so all the tricks and hacks are performed well in advance of even picking up a phone. One glance on here and I can see I'm not alone.
0 Kudos
stormfury2
Superfast
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbone ps4 online gaming hell!

Morning Kountzero,

Your best option at this point is not to use the SH3 as anything but a cable modem, it seems to have issues being 'super' and performing the functions it is supposed to do. That is assuming you're not already doing this.

Did VM take the SH2 when they came to install the new SH3? It may be possible to replace it yourself and ask them to activate it on their network again if you still have the old SH.

0 Kudos
kountzero
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbone ps4 online gaming hell!

OK done further research and it appears using modem mode won't help as it is a firmware issue with the Intel chipset. 200ms lagspikes caused by some processes being given higher priority by the cpu. Apparently there's a beta firmware over the pond in the wild that solves the issue by laying off the processes to the other chip and releasing pressure on the cpu.

All I can do for now is disconnect everything apart from consoles and reboot the hub, then reconnect when no longer gaming.

Sux

0 Kudos