Menu
fleaboobash
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

XBox Live kicking me off constantly!

I am constantly being kicked off xbox live when trying to game, we have vivid 200 broadband and few issues other than this xbox live issue, it was fine until last week, what the hell's going on?

Helpful Answers
appleUK
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: XBox Live kicking me off constantly!

Thing is though we pay for 5g it's not acceptable to be gaming on a worse connection when they are failing to admit a issue
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi fleaboobash, 

Thanks for getting in touch, I am sorry to see you have had trouble with your connection to Xbox live. 

I popped a message across to you on this thread http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/xbox-one-and-3ds-disconnecting/td-p/3310030 earlier on today. 

We are still working on the issue between Xbox live and the Superhub 2 AC. 

As soon as I know more I will let you know. 

All the best

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos

All Replies
Deedeeh82
Tuning in
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Same here, I've phoned them 9 times, had a engineer out and changed my router. Now they're saying it's a fault on my end! It's clearly not as a lot of people on here are saying the same thing. I've seen another post saying it's going to be like this until April 2017!
fleaboobash
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

So after reading loads of these forums, I decided to try turning off the 5g and gaming on 2g....So far so good! It hasn't kicked me out again yet, fingers crossed.
0 Kudos
glrfin
Joining in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I am having the exact same problem!  We have vivid 200 and have never had any problems, talking many years, but within the last week the signal has dropped meaning xbox is disconnecting after every few minutes.  Also the wifi strength appears to have dropped, we used to get full 100%, full 4 bars, now this has dropped to low 70's and only 3 bars.

Spoken to VM support team and they have reset modem remotely, which helped for a few minutes, but problem is back again, the signal speed works for 3 or 4 minutes then drops dramatically and connection lost.

Having seen this page lots of people appear to be experiencing the same problem so there must have been a change somewhere which is affecting everyone.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

0 Kudos
fleaboobash
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried changing to 2g connection?
0 Kudos
appleUK
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thing is though we pay for 5g it's not acceptable to be gaming on a worse connection when they are failing to admit a issue
fleaboobash
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I agree completely.
0 Kudos
coates13
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I've been having this problem for about a month now, I temporarily fixed the issue by switching from 5G to 2G, however I'm back to square one! For the price I'm paying it's not acceptable!

0 Kudos
steelysteph
Superfast
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

It's not limited to wifi. 

I'm using a wired connection so it's either a router issue (I've got SH3) of something at VM's end.  I haven't used my xbox for a few weeks but this does appear to be a recent problem.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi fleaboobash, 

Thanks for getting in touch, I am sorry to see you have had trouble with your connection to Xbox live. 

I popped a message across to you on this thread http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/xbox-one-and-3ds-disconnecting/td-p/3310030 earlier on today. 

We are still working on the issue between Xbox live and the Superhub 2 AC. 

As soon as I know more I will let you know. 

All the best

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos