Menu
o0MattE0o
Dialled in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

XBOX One moderate NAT

Why is virgin media blocking me to port forward 53, its a requirement for Xbox live and get tied with virgin media change settings, its not like Xbox live is new? 

If my Xbox is plugged into the Ethernet connection it should be open and if not any ip in DMZ should be open...

Can I roll back from version 9.1.116V on super hub 3 and the block virgin playing around with it....

0 Kudos
o0MattE0o
Dialled in
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: XBOX One moderate NAT

So do I need to buy a router and use modem mode, so I have 100% control and fix the issue?
0 Kudos
o0MattE0o
Dialled in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

after talking with Microsoft and them telling me Port 53 for UDP and TCP most be open and not blocked by ISP, and virgin sport saying we don't block anything?

What is this?
53.PNG

come on virgin you need to get your act together Smiley Sad

o0MattE0o
Dialled in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Restarted my router and now it's strict NAT, even though the Xbox is in DMZ (aka all ports open nothing blocking, well that's what its meant to mean).

Looking at detailed network statists it tells me "Your network is behind a port-preserving port-symmetric NAT"

So its the super hub 3 or virgin network, if I cant get this sorted I would like to make a formal complaint,I cant speak to your Indian call centre again (the shouting in the background is very unprofessional and keeping some one on the phone in silence is not good customer service, a few minuets should be 3 or 4 not 10+)
o0MattE0o
Dialled in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Still waiting for a answer, going to test tethering on my phone tonight as my mobile allows all ports to be directed to the Console Smiley Happy I still don't understand why I cant forward port 53 it's only used for Domain Name Service

Just encase you need to know how important DNS is to a service
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domain_Name_System

I'm guessing what is happening is virgin media dose not want you to use other DNS Services so are blocking you changing this port on the router, but virgin media are slow at updating records so XBOX cant find the correct location Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
jOANNE01253
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

One of many problems I'm also having. Strict Nat even though I'm on a reserved I.P and in the DMZ.  Also had issues reserving ports.  I'm thinking of modem mode but I really don't want to have to plug in another router.

0 Kudos
o0MattE0o
Dialled in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks at lest I'm not the only one, and yes same boat I don't want to have another device plugged in to do something that the super hub should be doing perfectly well Smiley Sad

But if I have no other option Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
jOANNE01253
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I read on another post that the fix is delete what you did and add the ports in ascending order.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Hub-3-0-won-t-let-me-open-specific-port-needed-fo...

0 Kudos
o0MattE0o
Dialled in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

So the XBOX ports are as follows and we need to do them in ascending order, will give it a try tonight: -

• Port 53 (UDP and TCP) <<< Cant do this one virgin media block this in port forwarding Smiley Sad
  • Port 80 (TCP)
  • Port 88 (UDP)
  • Port 500 (UDP)
  • Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
  • Port 3544 (UDP)
  • Port 4500 (UDP)
0 Kudos
jOANNE01253
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

goodluck and keep us posted. Unfortunately this won't help me as my Xbox is in the DMZ and so shouldn't be getting blocked full stop!

0 Kudos