Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

XBOX ONE - Latency 160ms ?

Download Speed - 180Mbps

Upload Speed - 12Mbps

Latency 160ms?

This latency is permanent and not just during peak gaming hours.Ping Test.PNG

It's impossible to play Fifa 17 online, I've spoken to EA Games and XBOX support and exhausted all their procedures and tests, leaving it down to the IPS. Please find above a ping test which shows how bad the latency is. The best and worst times should have no larger difference that 100ms. I haven't shown the Host name or IP Address.

I have tried contacting Virgin Media a number of times and it seems as my phone call goes to get answered the person hangs up?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: XBOX ONE - Latency 160ms ?

Hello R3LMV

Welcome to our forum, I am sorry you are having problems with jitter and are having issues calling us, we will do our best to help you via the forum.

The hub, line and area data all look good, is the Xbox connected with a Ethernet lead or wireless? We would always recommend wired for gaming by the way.

Do you have any other devices using bandwidth in the background causing your gaming packets to queue?

Do you find this only happens at certain times of the day or is it all the time?

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
R3LMV
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: XBOX ONE - Latency 160ms ?

I'm wired in, there's PS4 running in the house but even when there's nothing else in the house running the latency is still poor. It's 24-7 the issue.
0 Kudos