Menu
jlb777
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

XBOX ONE - High Latency, 170ms

Hi,

I have my new xbox one ethernet connected to my VM Hub 2, no oither traffix utilisng the circuit and yet i receieve a shocking 170ms in the detailed diag test!

Because this is above the suggested max of 150ms, Amazon and Netflix ONLY streams in very poor SD.  Default behabioiur of the xbox one is to limit streaming to SD when latency goes beyond 150ms.

I have attached my upstream and downstream stats!

If i take my xbox one and place it behind a BT Infinity connection, i see 21ms latency, which is where i expect non DSL circuits to sit.

Please help!!?

Thanks

James Screenshot_2015-11-15-23-44-08.pngScreenshot_2015-11-15-23-43-55.png

0 Kudos
matt-h
Dialled in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: XBOX ONE - High Latency, 170ms

The server it pings is in Seattle so it should be reading 155 in the detailed network tests. Last few weeks mines been saying 166 but everything else in it is spot on. 

Not got amazon or Netflix but nfl network and redzone streams in HD 99.9% of the time. Doesn't glitch for long.

have been told by someone on phone support that they've been told to ignore it when customers mention the test when they ring. No idea if that's official or just being fed a line..

I'm sure one of the people who know a lot more will be on soon.

0 Kudos
sonydan2k13
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

This has nothing to do with virgin media it's to do with Xbox live server's and where they are based let me explain.

Xbox live has 2 data centre's available one in Ireland and the other in the Netherlands's so this is the reason for high latency Microsoft fully understand this issue so they are opening 2 new data centre's based in the UK on in London and the other has not been disclosed yet but once these come on-line we should see the latency come down more and then have better ping's with in multilayer.

i hope these helps with your question.

0 Kudos
matt-h
Dialled in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Indeed , which is why in game pings are a lot lower , OP is referring to the ping result in detailed network statistics which doesn't ping a European azure centre but pings one in Seattle , which is why we get pings of 155 or higher
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi jlb777

Thanks for posting, I'm sorry to hear of the problems that you are experiencing with your Xbox connection. There are problems showing with your power levels which will affect your connection, we will need to get these levels adjusted by organising an engineer visit.

I can also see that there is a fault ticket open for peak time contention ( F003426516) with a review date estimated for 24/02/2016.

I will send you a private message to arrange an engineer visit. 

Speaks soon

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos