Menu
the_beak90
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

X Box 1 Gaming

When playing any xbox one games with the new router I get dropped out or serious lagging. I never had any problems with the old (1 speed) router. Any help appreciated especially as it is driving my son crackers with COD BO3

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: X Box 1 Gaming

Are you running a Hub 3.0?

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
0 Kudos
the_beak90
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, no it is a super hub 2 according to the bottom. 2 speed and the Xbox is on the 5g. Done all the usual switch off, reset ring up and got a supposed stronger signal, nothing seems to work
0 Kudos
Maestro
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Avoid using 5g unless ur in the exact same room as your router. 5g will give u faster speeds. But u Gotta b close to the router with no interference.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

5G offers better throughput at short distances but is no faster than 2.4G for gaming. Which puts it in the same latency range as two tin cans and a piece of string. You may as well shout commands to a friend in an adjoining room as play FPS's over wireless...

Big long Ethernet cable, CAT5E or better is your friend here. You can buy nice flat ones that will push underneath your skirting boards or run underneath carpet. Or at a push powerline adapters. Wireless? not for gaming.