Menu
Dexion
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

WorldOfTanks PING issue

I've recently been contacted from Wargaming support about my ping issue, they told me that Virgin Media yet again failed and that it isn't a problem with my game or my computer.

They told me I'm having ping issues because of my internet provider.

Is it possible that you may help me out with my problem?

ping plotter v.jpg

0 Kudos
Dexion
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: WorldOfTanks PING issue

EU2 server ping plotter v2.jpg

0 Kudos
Xeric35X
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I only started playing WoT at the end of May. At the beginning I was having ping issues with ping occasionally going above 200ms or even 999ms. I looked up the problem and I found people are saying "Leatrix Latency Fix" helps with ping issues. I went ahead and installed it but showed minor help with the problem.

It seemed stupid but at the end I did a restart on the modem and that fixed the whole problem. 

Edit: I have been playing World of Warships far longer than WoT, rarely got any issues with WoW. I have not had any ping issues with WoT after the restart.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dexion,

Apologies for the late response and for the issues you're currently having with WoT. 

I've just checked your connection and can see no issues from here. Your power levels, SNR and area contention all look clean. Looking at the pingplotter graphs you've posted it looks like the issue begins when it leaves our network which could be a peering issue.

So we can check further could you run a traceroute through cmd and post the results here for us to take a look?

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos