Menu
TheSgtDK
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

World of Warcraft US Servers.

I play World of Warcraft on US servers due to having friends from America that play that version, I have played for around 10 years without any problems but every now and again an issue pops up.

Since around 11pm last night I have been unable to play at all, as soon as I log in my latency spikes up to around 4k or higher, and I am unable to move or do anything. This problem is only affecting WoW as everything else is completely normal. All of my friends and guild members that are from the US are not having any issues at all.

Obviously there aren't a great deal of players that also play from the UK on the US servers, But I made a forum post on their technical support forum and noticed that some other people that are also on Virgin Media that play on the US servers are also having the same problem since last night.

Here is the post that I made on their forums http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20752045830

Any help in getting this solved for myself and all the others with the same problem would be greatly appreciated, as this is something that I can see being difficult to solve due to the fact that there aren't many people playing from the UK on US World of Warcraft.

0 Kudos
Marasia
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: World of Warcraft US Servers.

I have all the same issues as OP. All started at exactly the same time as well

0 Kudos
Daimur
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I am experiencing the exact same issues. They started at roughly the same time (just before 11PM) and still persist.

0 Kudos
rets187
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Also having the same issues =/

0 Kudos
libriss
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Same issue in Overwatch since yesterday. Been playing on american server since its release without issues until yesterday where certain servers would have over 50% packet loss throughout the entire game, while some other IPs would be fine without any packet loss.  VM have either changed routing to some servers in America or one of the nodes along the route have gone bad wich nobody cares to fix. Either way i doubt VM is gonna do anything about it.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi TheSgtDK,

Thanks for getting in touch, I'm sorry to see you have been having trouble with latency. 

I have taken a look at your connection and things seem to be ok from this side. 

Is the latency only when you are trying to play WOW on these servers? 

If possible can you pop me a traceroute to the servers you are hitting and we will be able to investigate further. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos