Menu
Everons
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

World of Warcraft High Ping

Hi, there currently seems to be a problem with Virgin connections to the World of Warcraft (battlenet) servers.

High latency and ping spikes. Seems I am not alone in having this issue as discussed here: https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17614572828?page=1

My internet speed and non battlenet latency is fine. This seems to be affecting mostly VM customers and some ISP's in Belgium.

This problem began at roughly 17:00gmt today (16/12/16)

Anyone else having this issue?

0 Kudos
Rootz
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: World of Warcraft High Ping

Path of Exile the same thing, double the MS than normal and spiking heavy.

I bet they do nothing and to get the good ping you have the get the gamer package, just my tin foil head going nuts.

Please fix this

0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

i think this is battlenet side not this isp side you can cheack on bt fourms i think that is filling up with the same posts

Using VIVID 350 Optical Fibre, Player TV, Talk Weekends

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
Rootz
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Not really, i have the same **bleep** in  Path of exile and also guardian of ember, I think it's related to relay that connects every ISP with europe main land. But still something VM needs to chase up.

0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

it depends on were its route if it goes out of virgin media servers there side its out of there hands it goes to a other isp does World of Warcraft go though other gamers as well to the main battlenet servers and go though the players back to you bt had this issue before and its still ongoing with them do you think this relay.
WoW use players and more players connections i think this is the issue to battle net thats why i don't play on WoW i never had this issue with final fantasy xiv online usa server

0 Kudos
skunky
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

same 100+ i have 2 friends on bt and there getting 14 and 15 pings...virgin not done them kind of pings for well over a year for me

0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

virgin media does not do traffic prioritisation like bt or plusnet one sky does not do it or ee i think virgin needs this traffic prioritisation under gamer add on but they do not virgin media needs to sort out there house in order and sort out this peek time download and upload speeds and don't take long time to upgrade everything this problem been with virgin media for a very long time even this happened 3 years ago don't go cheap on us virgin media on upgrades get top of the range what can handle gaming plus they need to sort out stuff with there network like double the upload speed then download get better then bt with standed upload speeds up to 20 with nomal stuff and edit gamer add on with 40mb upload with traffic prioritisation and only have it for gamer add on and better pings is needed try and beat bt at its own game with this at this rate bt is beat virgin media in upload speeds and better connections you need to sort this virgin media and need to imporve on your cs team there is alot of stuff needs to imporve ask everyone on this fourms they will come up with ideas and have english people on the phones not india they do not know what you saying this is why people leave for better provider and this is the true calling for virgin media have alot of problems need to sort out

0 Kudos
skunky
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I noticed my ping on four kings has shot up from 100 to 140...tell you truth i'm sick of virgin and there high pings on games and we are leaving as soon as are contract runs on on the 23rd of this month there a rubbish service now....i wont even mention the trouble we had with there tivo box that seems fixed now though.

0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

every provider out there has there problems skunky bt has the same with speeds its been on bbc watchdog i think we need to get virgin media on bbc watchdog about all there problems then they will sort it out faster but bt has been on it it never made a diff

0 Kudos