Menu
scullum
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

World of Tanks unplayable thanks to lag spikes

For months now I have been experiencing lag spikes that make World of Tanks unplayable - seeing ping of 800+ after I quit the game in frustration today

It tends to occur at busy times of the day - but it's 21:45 and I still can't play

Every time I get on the phone to Virgin they claim the network choked and is being upgraded and that I will continue to see issues until this work is complete

I suspect this is hogwash just to try and keep me hanging in there for a few more weeks. The fix date has already gone back 2 months

Their service monitor says everything is fine in my area - go figure

Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: World of Tanks unplayable thanks to lag spikes

Hi scullum,

Thanks for getting in touch, though sorry to hear of the lag problems with World of Tanks, frustratingSmiley Sad

I've run a few checks on your service and the underlying problem would appear to be one of high peak time load causing the latency issues.

Networks are investigating on ref. F003493321 with work ongoing in the area to add capacity, though we don't have a finalised fix date yet sorry.

If you continue to bump us here periodically we'll gladly check for any news on how things are developing.

Kind Regards

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
scullum
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ralph

Thanks for the update and good to have confirmation that something is being done

Is there any way that something can be done about my billing until this issue is resolved?

Right now I'm getting the service that I am paying for at the time when I need it most and it is certainly not good for my blood pressure when my tank starts to drive as if drunk

Last time I spoke to virgin on the phone I was advised to keep calling and complaining in order to get a refund of some kind for that month

I don't think it reasonable that the onus should be on me to do this and I don't feel that I should be paying ANYTHING while this problem persists 

Regards

Steve

ps. I'm here to check on this post because yet again playing WoT is impossible

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi scullum,

I fully understand, and respect, your view on the credit situation. Calling in to recieve it each month should be a straightforward process, but I appreciate that that is not always the case.

Please take a look at my PM (small red envelope icon, top left of page) and see what you think of my suggestion.

All the best Smiley Happy

Jen

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
MrJack
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I am getting the same issue. It's always been fine before but it's just started happening over the last couple of days.

Looking at output from Ping Tracer I'm getting short spikes of dropped packets every 15-20s pretty much regardless of which site I ping so I don't think it's actually localised to World of Tanks.
0 Kudos
Dexion
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I've also been having large ping issues, my game has crashed many times already so I decided to install a new copy.

My ping hasn't changed what so ever and it keeps jumping from 40 to 999

https://eu.wargaming.net/support/__attachments/tickets/2016/06/14/d06811adb3ecf3817677ad512a3b418557... 

0 Kudos
Dexion
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I've recently been contacted from Wargaming support about my ping issue, they told me that Virgin Media yet again failed and that it isn't a problem with my game or my computer.

They told me I'm having ping issues because of my internet provider.

Is it possible that you may help me out with my problem?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Dexion-

Whilst your symptoms are the same there's no guarantee the problem is. No guarantee its not but there you go.

Can you start a seperate thread?

Just C&P your first post, include a traceroute to WOT servers for us to get a look at. Your link doesn't work BTW, I think its account specific- if you could screenshot it that would be useful too.

0 Kudos