Menu
MiskersUK
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Windows 10 Xbox one streaming issues

Hi Guys,

I'm having some issues when using the Windows 10 Xbox app to stream my xbox to my laptop. I can stream with no issues for maybe 5 or ten minutes maybe a bit longer if i'm lucky but then I will encounter network issues and the stream just disconnects. I have a 50mb connection with a superhub 2 (not ac).

The superhub is approx 10 feet away from where I sit with my laptop. I've also tried a wired connection but still encounter issues. My laptop is fairly new with a i3 processor and 4 gb or RAM. Wireless adapter is a intel ac 3160.

I've tried 2.4 ghz and 5ghz but the issues still remain. I even went to the expense of buying a new ac router and putting the superhub in modem mode but this didn't resolve the problem. I then bought a wireless ac adapter and that also did not resolve the issue.

Pretty much at a loss as what to do next. The wifi on other devices don't lose connection and my xbox stays connected to xbox live so what could be the problem?

Any help would be appreciated guys. 

0 Kudos
ajg007
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Windows 10 Xbox one streaming issues

Hey. I've just delved into the xbox streaming app and also have various issues with laptop streaming.

Now your laptop meets the criteria for streaming so we can out rule that. Another thing that xbox tell you to do is name your 2.4ghz ssid and 5ghz ssid to differents things I.e 'mywifif2.4' and 'mywifi5ghz'.

Another thing to check is that your wifi adapter settings isnt turning of the wifi adapter after a period of time. I,e the 5-10 minutes you say you get to play. Some do this as a power saving option. to check this navigate to:

Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options\Edit Plan Settings. select advance options, then wifi adpater settings. Make sure the wifi adapter is set to 'maximum performance'

Also another one to check is that the machine won't go to sleep when multimedia is playing.
MiskersUK
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Windows 10 Xbox one streaming issues

Thanks for your input ajg007. All excellent suggestions, all of which I tried prior to your kind reply unfortunately! Did manage to resolve the issue eventually by cancelling my virgin media broadband! It appears even though I've been paying for 50mb broadband for the last year and a half, my speeds on an evening were dropping to anything between 2 and 8 mbps. So whilst I was asleep or at work it'd probably have been fine!
0 Kudos