Menu
kelvin619
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Will virgin media ever fix bufferbloating

Hi all I've been playing call of duty for couple of months with the netduma connected and it's been ok but will virgin media ever fix the buffer bloat problem with the internet I've tested 2 other nets and they have hardly any buffer bloat I am on the gamers package and buffer bloat effect gaming so not really gamers package 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Will virgin media ever fix bufferbloating

No. Your own router and modem mode would have fixed it. Something else is wrong.

0 Kudos
kelvin619
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Doesn't fix it tried on two Vm connection same problem netduma support has tried helping one of the mods said it's something on Vm side and that reason he left them tryed on two other isp and they seem lower
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes that must be true. Because the man who sold you the router said so.

The reason VM "connections" suffer from buffer bloat is there's no QOS on the HUB. So all traffic just queues up to be sent from Router side to modem side. Once you put the HUB in modem mode there is NO buffer to queue in - that's the routers job - your hub is now a modem. So there cant be any buffer bloat, unless something else LAN side introduces it.

The router you have is basically a surfboard with a custom install of DD-WRT.  So either the tool you are using is reading latency as buffer bloat or you have the QOS settings wrong on the router...either way the guy you were talking to is full of ........

0 Kudos
kelvin619
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes that must be true. Because the man who sold you the router said so. Wasn't the person who sold me it that was Amazon so nice try was 7 people who have same problem and there is buffer bloat so please let one of the Vm team reply
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Okay then

Just to let you know. Its around a week for a reply ATM on here. And VM dont support equipment you have installed LAN side. Thats what these forums are for. And its us community helpers that support your LAN side equipment, all staff can do is check WAN side.  So good luck with that.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hey kelvin619,

Thanks for getting in touch Smiley Happy

Apologies for the connection problems. I've just had a look at your Hub, I've found a fault in your area under ref: F004740633 which is due for review on the 18th Jan. This type of fault can be responsible for reducing the speeds during peak times (evenings and weekends) and to rectify this we need to undertake upgrades on the network to support the level of demand in your area. 

Please accept my apologies for this and let me know if you have anymore questions.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
kelvin619
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

nothing wrong with speed getting 220 download 21 upload im asking about the bufferbloat problem
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@kelvin619 Have you seen this thread?:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Hub-3-Compal-CH7465-LG-TG2492LG-amp-CGNV4-Latency...

In particular the paragraph titled "Hub 3 observations".

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.