Menu
DanielJames
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Why's Virgins latency so bad?

When I was with BT my ping literally never went above 8, Now I'm with Virgin my ping is all over the place especially on Rocket League my ping will jump to 600+ sometimes?! Fifa always seems to have button delay with ultimate team being completely unplayable. Also if someone streams on another device the lag on any game is crazy the connection must be weak af. I regret the day I switched to Virgin because of it being £20 cheaper every month but i guess its true when they say you get what you pay for, They must be mad if they think I'm going to pay £80 a month for their "VIVID gamer" tariff just to be able to play games with rarely any lag just like I did with BT on their STANDARD tariff, when are they gonna realise download speeds don't mean **** for online gaming you can have smooth gameplay on 20mb if the upload speed is good enough? I have 50mb that's more than enough download speed it's the terrible upload speed you get with Virgin at like 5mb? Most other fibre optic companys you get around 10-20mb upload on the lowest tariff **bleep** can't wait for my contract to be up wish there was a way out considering mine doesn't run out untill august :/ The only thing they say is "ok we'll try and boost the signal" **bleep** just to delay you moaning for another 48 hrs, There's 100's of forum posts over the internet complaining about Virgins terrible lag so tbh there's probably nothing wrong with mine it's just the fact that the system that they use for their fibre optic is so bad.

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
vipermo
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why's Virgins latency so bad?

Well said mate im about to get this installed on the 10th now im thinking am i doing the right thing leaving bt. Mind you i get disconnected from BF1 and COD on a daily basis...
I hope they sort it out for u buddy as a fellow gamer im feeling ur pain.
lambey332
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why's Virgins latency so bad?

same issue, lost £1000 tournament in the finals yesterday for league of legends due to the worst timed latency spike in history.

Virgin are burying their head in the sands. Theyve stopped responding to the community posts about internet problems with packet loss and latency.