Menu
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4 (114 Views)

Why does Internet keep going down?

Is there some reason my internet cuts out, sometimes for hours at a time, about every ten days? It is really quite annoying when trying to play games that require an internet connection, sometimes resulting in very unfortunate game outcomes - all because my internet is so unstable. What can I do, as a customer, to make my connection stable enough to stay up for say; a whole month?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4 (82 Views)

Re: Why does Internet keep going down?

Hi FosDagger,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

I'm sorry to read you are experiencing intermittent broadband connection.

From checking your connection, the line and hub have come back as fine. The network segment is running stable, which is good.

Does this happen on both wired and wireless devices?

Do any lights change on the router at all?

Are you able to post the network log from the router settings please for us to check over? To do this type in 192.168.0.1 in the address bar, no need to sign in, on the top right you will see router status. Within here you will have network log and you can copy and paste this information.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4 (63 Views)

Now lost internet again for, well who knows how long now. Lost it for about 20min around this time yesterday. Very difficult to get things done this way. The lights go off on the router, then blink as it tries to reestablish connection. All connections are down, wired and wirrless. No Internet connection from provider. If this were an electric or water utility - you'd be out of business by now. It's not acceptable. You know about the problem as it's posted in known issues, will customers be compensated in any way for this shoddy service? Or are we simply to be grateful it works at all and take what we are given? I think there needs to be more competition to encourage the reliability of your utility.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4 (37 Views)

Hi there FosDagger,

I'd like to investigate this further for you.

To allow me to do so, could you respond via private message with the following information?:

• Name of the account holder
  • Home address
  • Your name

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos