Menu
ichijikuibo
Joining in
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Why do virgin hate their existing customers?

I just heard of the gamer broadband and checked out the price £40 for a year then £50.25 went to upgrade that's only for new customers my price is £61.83. Have Virgin ever thought "maybe if we try to keep out existing customers we won't have to try so hard to find new customers?" Seems the only way to stay on the best offers is to keep changing provider loyal customers get screwed.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why do virgin hate their existing customers?

Whilst the initial reduced price would be unavailable to you, the rule of thumb has always been "If a package is advertised, its available to current customers"

Did you call retention's and ask to be put on Vivid200 Gamer? Or just try to add the gamer add on to your existing package?

0 Kudos
ichijikuibo
Joining in
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I did it online obviously no point phoning someone that you can't understand. I clicked existing customers from the store page and it tried to sell me some obsolete services (TV, Phone) so I clicked broadband and got the option to upgrade to the gamer package for an extra £18.09 a month (£61.83 Total)

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

If it were obvious I wouldn't have asked the question.

The website splash page advertising current pricing assumes your on a currently sold bundle.

When you click through "My VM" and ask for the add on it doesn't move you to a current bundle, it just adds the gamer surcharge on to your current contract price.

So assuming you are out of contract you need to talk to retention's (150  for free or, chargeable 0345 454 1111 as you dont subscribe to obsolete services) options 1,4,5 during UK office hours will land you with UK onshore support. I dont know what your powers of perception are , you may get someone Scottish you cant understand, but try hard. 

Be aware moving on to a current bundle from a legacy one will  involve a new minimum contract term, but you should get the advertised price, maybe minus a few quid of loyalty discount.

0 Kudos
ichijikuibo
Joining in
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Theres only one reason to phone a broadband provider and that is if the broadband isn't working. Don't want it enough to stuggle with a broken phone system and sit waiting in a queue for a hour.

0 Kudos
ichijikuibo
Joining in
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

and i'm on vivid 200 which is a current package.

0 Kudos
shanematthews
Super solver
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

ichijikuibo wrote:

Theres only one reason to phone a broadband provider and that is if the broadband isn't working. Don't want it enough to stuggle with a broken phone system and sit waiting in a queue for a hour.

Well if you're not willing to put in the effort to resolve the issue there is nothing else that can be done via the forums, and i've had to ring VM for more than just the broadband not working, things like changing my contract or billing issues etc, so you don't "only" ring them if its broken

0 Kudos
ichijikuibo
Joining in
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Didn't think the problem(virgin ripping off long time customers) could be sorted here just wanted to complain.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

With respect, many long term customers enjoy BETTER prices than new ones (after initial discount) but they are the ones that manage their account proactively and renegotiate every time their minimum term expires. The downside is every time you do that, you achieve savings but are locked in for another 12 month minimum term.

You've elected not to. Thats nothing to do with VM.

Every service industry works that way. Rengotiate every time you can. Theres a bloke made a living (and around 20 million last time I looked) telling you EXACTLY  that, Martin Lewis, you may have heard of him.

On the plus side, for every person that DOESNT lift the phone and get a discount, the better discount people like me get. Swings and roundabouts....

0 Kudos
ichijikuibo
Joining in
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

So you agree they do rip people off intentionally overcharge unless you threaten to leave?

0 Kudos