Menu
Seanusy79
Tuning in
Message 1 of 249
Flag for a moderator

Why do i keep disconnecting from Xbox Live on my Xbox One when playing online?

I have a Superhub 2 and keep losing connection to Xbox Live,  I play GTA V, Fifa 15 and COD AW all online.  Sometimes I can go 20 minutes other times its 5 minutes.  GTA V i always get "You have disconnected from X box Live",  Fifa 15 is the same and COD AW i get 'You must have an active network connection to play Xbox Live or System Link matches''

I have been in touch with Xbox Support and have tried  all there steps, including a factory reset on my xbox one and I still have no Joy.

When I have been disconnected from Xbox Live I go straight into settings>network to see that im connected to my hub and that I have an open Nat type.

This problem started 8 days ago and is very annoying someone please help.

Thanks in advance.

Oh also I have done a reset on my Superhub.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Seanusy79
Tuning in
Message 2 of 249
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Why do i keep disconnecting from Xbox Live on my Xbox One when playing online?

Thank you Virgin Media for your speedy reply!

0 Kudos

All Replies
Seanusy79
Tuning in
Message 2 of 249
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Why do i keep disconnecting from Xbox Live on my Xbox One when playing online?

Thank you Virgin Media for your speedy reply!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 249
Flag for a moderator

Hi Seanusy79,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy on average it can take a few days to get back to you via the community forum so I'm sorry in this case that we didn't get back to you sooner.

I'm sorry to hear you're getting these disconnects whilst gaming through Xbox Live.  I'm afraid it does sound like the Xbox is still connecting to the hub, so it's very odd that it's dropping your connection.  Do you use any other devices on the hub, do these experience connection loss at the same time, or continue to work?  Are you using a wired or wireless connection?  If you're wireless, could you try a wired connection and check for any improvement please?

Let us know how you get on and we'll do our best to get to the bottom of this with you.  

Speak soon Smiley Happy

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Seanusy79
Tuning in
Message 4 of 249
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kev, thanks for responding.

I have an ipad, laptop, and anywhere up to 3 phones connected.  I dont have any connection issues with any of my other devices and I have experimented by playing online games with the laptop and xbox one at the same time but I only disconnect from the Xbox.

Im experiencing this problem via wireless, my connection works fine via the ethernet cable.  I have tried using the xbox one directly next to my Superhub 2 but it still keeps dropping out.

I have gone through all the channels available and always get the same outcome.

This problem only started a week ago and before that I have been happily online gaming since August last year on my xbox 360 then changing to xbox one in January.

Please help!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 249
Flag for a moderator

Hi Seanusy79,

Thanks for replying and for supplying that further information.  

When this next happens, could you login to the hub for me and click 'Device Connection Status' and check if the Xbox One is still showing as connected under 'Wireless Devices' please?  I'm curious to see if the hub still sees a connection or whether it is in fact dropping off the network.

Let me know and I'll get back to you with some suggestions on how to get this sorted Smiley Happy speak soon!

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
beckizumba
Tuning in
Message 6 of 249
Flag for a moderator

My son has just bought an xbox one - and he keeps getting disconnected from xbox live whilst playing online.   

I too have the superhub 2 and had no problem on the xbox 360.   

He gets this when he has joined a party to play with his friends - really annoying.    I've heard from other posts that VM

are aware of this problem and have fixed the issue in the new supherhub 2 - is this correct?       

Can anyone help me fix this - im on 152mb.  All other devices are fine.   

I can't hard wire as xbox one is upstairs and router is downstairs.     

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 249
Flag for a moderator

Hello beckizumba

I have answered you in your other thread here

Best we confine it to that one please.

Thanks so much Smiley Happy

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
purkg
Joining in
Message 8 of 249
Flag for a moderator

I am also having the exact same problem but FIFA 15 works but not Call of Duty or Grand Theft Auto. I have had my Xbox One since Christmas but nothing that Virgin Media, Xbox Support and I have tried has worked. I checked the device connection status and the Xbox completely disconnects but reconnects literally seconds later. Please help!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 9 of 249
Flag for a moderator

Hi purkg

Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear of the intermittent connection that you are experiencing with your Xbox.

I've had a check on your connection. Everything on the modem side is looking good. There is a peak time slow speed ticket linked to your cable under reference F003496511. The estimated review date is for 02/09/2015.

Good to hear that FIFA is working. Have you tried port forwarding for the other games?

Are you connected wired or wireless?

You can also contact our customer services team on 150 from any Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111 to arrange a loss of service credit quoting the fault reference.

Look forward to hearing from you

0 Kudos
kyle2
Joining in
Message 10 of 249
Flag for a moderator

Everyone using the sh2 wirelessly with the xbox one is having this exact same issue including myself. There are hundreds of people on various threads of this forum complaining about it. The xbox one cannot be played wirelessly with virginmedia, they know about this issue and are doing nothing about it. On each thread they tell people to try the same things knowing its not going to work, factory reset, enable ipsec pass-through, port forwarding. It should state on the virginmedia store site "incompatible withe xbox live" but instead they boast that its great for gaming "superfast". Totally false advertising.