Menu
LiamUnderwood99
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Why am I being manslaughtered online?

I'm dragging a 15 metre ethernet cable from the router downstairs to the xbox one upstairs after the wifi was absolutely shocking. However, I'm still being manslaughtered on COD and rarely get a chance to kill people. I have a 1.55 K/D ratio (40k kills & 25k kills) so it's not like I'm a crap player.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why am I being manslaughtered online?

Hi LiamUnderwood99

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear of the problems that you have been experiencing when playing COD online. When running some checks on your connection there are some problems showing with your downstream power levels. I'll send you a PM so that we can arrange an engineer visit and get these adjusted to see if it makes an improvement.

Does this happen with any other games or just when you are playing COD? Me and some friends have noticed certain games like "team deathmatch" and "domination" being a bit laggy in the evenings recently which is probably due to their popularity. 

Also rather than running a cable all the way upstairs it may be easier and more convenient to use powerline adaptors Smiley Happy

Speak soon

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
LiamUnderwood99
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why am I being manslaughtered online?

Thanks for the reply,

I religiously play TDM but it's laggy for me all of the time. We're seriously thinking of leaving Virgin as we think it's not worth the amount we're paying each month. My mate is with Sky and he's getting 36mbps download and 7/8mbps upload whereas we're getting 50mbps download but only 3mbps upload, if we're lucky! 

Also if I get these powerline adapters is there any way of forwarding the costs directly to Richard Branson?

Thanks.

0 Kudos