Menu
GMAN73
Superfast
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

When is SH3 being fixed

There is issues with Superhub3 that have Hardware Version 10 along with Software Version 9.1.88T relating to Port forwarding and IP Reservation. Now and again my Xbox One will show Strict NAT instead of Open. Even though I have added my Xbox One Static IP to the DMZ as well as all the Open Ports/Reservation etc. Also I get connection issues when using the Xbox Live on the Xbox 360. Obviously I can only forward ports on one IP as they use the same ports. I really think the SH2ac was far better for gaming than the SH3.
0 Kudos
shanematthews
Super solver
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: When is SH3 being fixed

GMAN73 wrote:
There is issues with Superhub3 that have Hardware Version 10 along with Software Version 9.1.88T relating to Port forwarding and IP Reservation. Now and again my Xbox One will show Strict NAT instead of Open. Even though I have added my Xbox One Static IP to the DMZ as well as all the Open Ports/Reservation etc. Also I get connection issues when using the Xbox Live on the Xbox 360. Obviously I can only forward ports on one IP as they use the same ports. I really think the SH2ac was far better for gaming than the SH3.

Probably never, the list of things to fix would likely require a massive overhaul of the underlying firmware which is something VM are unlikely to do at this point, what we really need them to do is push to switch back to the old modem + router setup they used to have as none of their AIO units have really lived up to the job, just ship us a modem and standalone router and leave bug fixes to the manufacturer as vanilla firmware usually runs better

mason_chan168
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I managed to set my SH3 last night with firmware 9.1.88T. When I saw I was on 9.1.88T all hope was lost as the youtube video I was following stated port forwarding doesnt work with that firmware version, however I still followed the steps such as ip reserve and then opening ports and checking firewall is active but one extra thing I did was disable UPnP, turned off the SH3 for 10 sec then back on and everything seems to work fine, at least for what I'm using for which is Plex and remote access. Hope it helps you.

0 Kudos
GMAN73
Superfast
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I read that there is even issues with Modem Mode only. Really wish I had a SH2ac never had any issues with that.
0 Kudos
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Cant you just ask VM for a SH2AC.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 200Mb VM service with SH2 AC in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-N66U router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
0 Kudos
GMAN73
Superfast
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

RedGooner wrote:

Was thinking about giving VM a call to see what they say.
0 Kudos
shanematthews
Super solver
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

RedGooner wrote:

They don't stock them anymore, its SH3 or pretty much nothing at this point, there might be a few kicking around in VM vans but even when you upgrade VM tell you they don't want the older hubs back anymore

0 Kudos
GMAN73
Superfast
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hmmm, Ive noticed im now on a new firmware 9.1.116V
Martin_D
Well-informed
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

GMAN73 wrote:
Hmmm, Ive noticed im now on a new firmware 9.1.116V

Yes firmware 116V is now being rolled out as the base firmware for the Hub 3.0, the deployment should be completed by the end of November.

Welcome to the most friendliest community.

Have you got technical problem post it and we will help you fix it.
GMAN73
Superfast
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Any ideas on what 9.1.116V fixes/adds etc thanks
0 Kudos