Menu
predetor11
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

What upload and download do you get on your PS4??

Just a quick one

Can anyone using gamer 200 tariff and connected by lan post in here

What upload and download speeds do you get??

And how laggy are you in a FPS??

Thanks in advance
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: What upload and download do you get on your PS4??

The Playstation network is slow in general, but on the gamer tier I get anywhere between 1Mb to 7Mb download. The only observable upload PS4+PS3 etc do that I can monitor is to upload game saves in the background and that appears to be pretty much instant. No lag in general on my end when playing games. I'm playing a lot of Overwatch lately and it's going great.

However, depending upon how many people you share the local cable with, you could either have a great connection or a horrible one. So my experience in terms of lag and speeds won't necessarily translate to what you get or don't get.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
predetor11
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply

I guess I'm am unlucky then and have a horrible one speeds were the same as wen I have a lower tier with same superhub maybe I am paying for something that my PS4 will never gain from
0 Kudos
pyrotenax
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

As of this very minute ...

IMAG0288 

*Sorry .. I misread your post .. Im on the Vivid 300 , not the 200

Running ASUS RT-AC88U with Asuswrt-Merlin firmware
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ah the test Internet connection option, I get anywhere between 50Mb to 100Mb on that. My prior post was about actual game download speeds I've had usually

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
unbiased
Dialled in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Im on virgin 200mb, no slowdowns but never get anywhere near on psn network as they throttle the downloads like crazy, probably test about 50-100mb but downloads barely top 10-20mb

I have to do the old pause and resume trick a good few times before i get even reasonable speeds

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

unbiased wrote:

Im on virgin 200mb, no slowdowns but never get anywhere near on psn network as they throttle the downloads like crazy, probably test about 50-100mb but downloads barely top 10-20mb
Yeah they do, I just got a estimate of 180Mb down, but only 1 up. Then it was back into the 50 - 100 range download wise and the same 1mb ish upload result. It says 'results will vary from server being used to test with' but doesn't let you choose from a server list. For all I know, it could be using a Sony speed test server in Australia, there's no way I can find to manually select a speed test server for the 'test internet connection.'

I have to do the old pause and resume trick a good few times before i get even reasonable speeds
Me too, it's pretty annoying

- - - - - -
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The Sony tests are infamously bad at reflecting the true speed of your connection.

I found a speed test that works on the PS4 browser and usually gives a more accurate result, try this site in the PS4 web browser:
http://testmy.net/multithread

Make sure you select the London server for the test as it defaults to Dallas, Texas which will be slow.

However even this test shows slower speeds than I get on my PC so something in the PS4 is not performing optimally. Maybe you will do better with your PS4 Pro rather than my old original PS4.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

0 Kudos