Menu
daza2304
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Warcraft disconnects Superhub 3

Hi all just wondering if anyone has a fix for this, I keep getting disconnected on Warcraft every minute or so, If im not disconnected i cannot move as world latency is 600+, I saw this was a problem with the Superhub 2 but have not seen anything about the Superhub 3, Any help would be great, By the way i have called virgin media and they have blamed Blizzard

0 Kudos
daza2304
Tuning in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Warcraft disconnects Superhub 3

Quick update, Got hold of virgin media support team and they assured me this would work. Heres what they told me to do

Ignatius:
Click the link http://192.168.0.1 The login page should appear asking you to enter the settings password which you would find on the bottom of the hub.
You will then need to click on > Advance settings> Wireless> Wireless signal and then select Manual where it shows channel and try different channels (1, 6, 11) on the 2.4Ghz network. Change the frequency to 20-40Mhz it is currently on 20Mhz. Once done you will need to restart the hub. This should give you a better connection and you would experience a better gaming experience.
10:36:45
Ignatius:
Please save the above mentioned settings before you go ahead and close the chat session.

Now reading all these threads about the same problem i knew it would not work but i tried and i was right.. Im still getting the same problem so i decided to call them.. after a wait of around 30 minutes and talking to 3 different people i asked them if i could have the Hub 2AC as this seems to fix the issues, They told me NO as they no longer produce them anymore, Is there ANYTHING i can do to get this issue sorted as at the moment im looking to go back to BT where i had NO problems at all

Thanks

0 Kudos
daza2304
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Another update, Got through to someone on live chat again, a total TOOL in my opinion, Blaming blizzard servers ... If its that then why was there no problems at all using BT Infinity for the past few years.. Anyway a few people suggested getting the SH 2AC so out of my own money (Should be virgins) I have gone onto ebay and got myself one, Will update when it arrives and let you know if it solved the problem for me !

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

daza2304 wrote:

Another update, Got through to someone on live chat again, a total TOOL in my opinion, Blaming blizzard servers ... If its that then why was there no problems at all using BT Infinity for the past few years.. Anyway a few people suggested getting the SH 2AC so out of my own money (Should be virgins) I have gone onto ebay and got myself one, Will update when it arrives and let you know if it solved the problem for me !

Unfortunately you have wasted your money as VM will not activate a hub bought from eBay.  They will only activate hubs supplied directly by them.  Technically you have purchased stolen goods as all VM kit remains the property of VM and is only ever rented to customers.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

0 Kudos
daza2304
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

For real?, Is there no way to fix the problem?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

daza2304 wrote:

For real?, Is there no way to fix the problem?

IF the problem is being caused by the high latency issue with the Hub 3 then a Superhub 2AC would help, but you have to get it direct from VM.  They no longer supply them to new customers and probably stopped buying new units some time ago, so will have dwindling stocks of this old hub to give out.  I think some people have nagged VM on the phone and managed to get a SH 2AC sent out, but it is not guaranteed.

My advice would be to sit tight and wait for the forum team to get to this thread and see if they can rule out any issues with your line or issues with the traffic on your segment of the network.  Unfortunately they are currently taking up to 2 weeks to get to threads.

I would also contact eBay / Paypal about getting a refund for your stolen SH 2AC.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

daza2304
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that info, Its just frustrating not being able to game, I have contacted the seller and requested to cancel my order with a full refund Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi daza2304,

I'm honestly sorry that we didn't reach your post before now. I did want to test your connection to see if something else might be affecting your connection.

But it seems that you have already had a SH2ac installed and I suspect that you may no longer have any issues with disconnections.

Please post an update. If everything is fine then that's great. If not we'd like to help out.

Looking forward to your reply Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
daza2304
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me, Yes the problem has now been resolved Smiley Happy

Andy11
Tuning in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

try getting and running mtr its a trace-route tool i found from blizzard select blzz ip and run it start the game until it kicks you out then stop it and see the results i am haveing the same issue this is an mtr i did notice theres a packet loss from ams2-ic-1-ae0-0.network.virginmedia.net 

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| WinMTR statistics |
| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
| routerlogin.net - 0 | 134 | 134 | 0 | 0 | 3 | 0 |
| 10.86.128.1 - 0 | 134 | 134 | 7 | 11 | 36 | 13 |
|croy-core-2b-xe-211-0.network.virginmedia.net - 0 | 134 | 134 | 9 | 14 | 40 | 14 |
| No response from host - 100 | 27 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| ams2-ic-1-ae0-0.network.virginmedia.net - 2 | 126 | 124 | 35 | 41 | 83 | 40 |
| 37.244.10.35 - 2 | 126 | 124 | 0 | 36 | 53 | 35 |
| 37.244.10.103 - 2 | 126 | 124 | 0 | 37 | 63 | 35 |
| 185.60.112.157 - 3 | 122 | 119 | 0 | 37 | 48 | 38 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

0 Kudos