Menu
joelang6126
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Vivid Gamer

Whats the difference between Vivid Gamer and the Vivid 200 package? I have the latter but Im experiencing buffering with Twitch.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Vivid Gamer

Vivid gamer gives you a higher upload speed - 20Mbps - and removes traffic management. So if you are streaming to others its spot on. If you are watching streams, it wont make any difference.

0 Kudos
joelang6126
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sounds interesting none the less. The issue I'm having is with watching streams. Many unpartnered streams buffer constantly on VM but I don't have the same issue on my Plusnet connection. Unfortunately routing twitch via Plusnet solely isn't possible.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If you are having issues WATCHING streams, there are a number of workarounds. Theres a megathread on Reddit with some fixes- lots of reading involved though.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Twitch/comments/3n5m0v/buffering_stream_lag_issues_the_megathread/

Theres a more lightweight guide

http://liftgaming.com/2015/10/helixias-guide-on-how-to-reduce-buffering-on-twitch/

The livestream fix in particular has been shown to work on a VM connection.

The short summary- if its NOT your pooter, and your connection is okay generally (you can stream youtube at high res)  its peering between twitch and their partnered services. If that's the case, livestream or an external player is your best option.

0 Kudos
joelang6126
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It would seem changing from VM dns servers to Googles fixed the issue!.

I've upgraded to Vivid Gamer as I do stream a fair bit. The upgrade is costing me an additional £20 a month on top of the £40 odd I'm already paying? New customers get it for £50!

0 Kudos
joelang6126
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Scratch my Last. Now sorting with CS.

The DNS change has functioned perfectly however.

0 Kudos