Menu
Omar7733
Dialled in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Vivid 200 gamer

What's the point of Virgin Media selling me Vivid 200 gamer when I can't even play a single game properly the lag is terrible very high ping. What is going on?????????

0 Kudos
redridinghood
Up to speed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Vivid 200 gamer

get ready for a long wait.from what iv been reading looking on the web.this is why your vivid 200 gamer is under performing.the government promised everyone home and business would have at least a 10mbps broadband connection by 2020 from what i have read BRITISH TELECOM had a tax payers funded grant to expand there infrastructure.but vm said they didnt need the help of the British tax payer and would seek private investment.the thing with this investers like to see returns on money invested.so they need to keep revenue high so over subscribing the network and keeping capacity at 100% all the time keeps investers happy and vm can carry on expanding there network.bt forum isn't as bad as vm forum.it'll be fixed in there time not ours

could you imagine phoning vm cs asking for the vivid gamer and them saying sorry cant give you that because the area is oversubscribe lol get you in that 12 or 18 month contract first.they would loose ££££££......

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Vivid 200 gamer

Hi Omar7733,

I am sorry for your latency issues when gaming. Tests of your connection reveal that peak time Internet traffic does rise and may require escalation to Networks in a few weeks or so. To determine if that is the cause of your issues I would like to see some speed test results posted on here. 
Perhaps a couple at off-peak times as well as some when the lag is bad, so we can compare the two.

But please make sure you do the above using a wired connection.

I'd also like to know:

• Is your latency experienced on devices connected via wireless or Ethernet?
  • At what times of day is this likely to affect you?
  • Is any other Internet activity affected?

I'll see what we can advise or do to help as soon as we receive your reply Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos