Menu
Ginnes
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin have confirmed regular connection issues until April 2017 and will compensate if you call them

Thought I'd put this in the title because Virgin won't volunteer this information which is rediculous! 

I've had "sticky" connection for ages now with my consoles and streaming having been cut off every minute, kicking the kids offline, kicking everyone in the house off any streaming sites and especially customer service "live chats" and only when i call up 4 times over 3 days do I get an answer.

Works are going on until April. OFCOM have agreed with Virgin to compensate (£10 per month in my case) up until regular service is back but you have to go fishing for this information.

It's now to the point that I can't go online for anything now. Having 1 minute of internet access and then being kicked offline and the kids consoles booting them out is making us unreliable and frustrated to the point that I'm grudging even paying Virgin at all let alone £10 compensation. It's probably fine if you work with emails only but I dont have TV in my house. Everything is streamed and the fact this information wasn't volunteered is rediculous. 

In the investigation, I also found that the upgrade to 12MG upload that I was sold last year in May turns out to have been a false sale as I only get 6mb! No wonder the PC to Nvidia Shield TV was low res and artifact ridden! 

Looking at other options as off today because the kids are miserable, I'm miserable and I'm paying for this!

Mickymouse
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin have confirmed regular connection issues until April 2017 and will compensate if you call them

Ive told them for months about my poor internet an always having issues theyve never offered me £10 off ,they did give me a free signal booster a grest big box on the wall thanks haha :/
0 Kudos
Ginnes
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin have confirmed regular connection issues until April 2017 and will compensate if you call them

To be fair, I've been a customer since 2011 and I think only had 3 days in all that time without internet and that's between 2 different addresses which is why my expectations are so high and I notice **bleep** connections...not only that, every minute we're disconnected. Sometimes it stutters but on most games and streaming indoors etc, it resets everyone. I'd put up with it for a week tops but till April??? Naaaa, tomorrow I'll be back on the phone or stopping payment altogether until later in the year. BT are banging at my door and offering a Pay-as-you go option...or is it Uswitch?? Anyway, I'm glad they're updating their systems and hardware but I'm not putting up with this getting cut off every minute for another few months. Would be find if I was just getting 10mbs instead of the 100mb because at least its slower but more stable but the kids can't game or join teams and I can't do anything other than email and my 4G limit is already almost taken up with this crap....grrrr

0 Kudos
Gaynormc
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Can I ask where you found this info please? It will help me when I ring Virgin yet again about disconnection issues!

Thanks
Ginnes
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It was after their Pakistani department ran through their scripted responses without actually listening to the customer as usual and then them deliberately cutting me off twice that spurred me onto calling the disconnections team. Then you get to speak to a UK person who talks English as a first language and who informs you of the current situation. 

I don't mind companies hiring people from other countries but as a Scotsman who almost requires subtitles by the rest of the UK, putting us on the phone with a Pakistani is like a chicken trying to understand a horse!

0 Kudos
Sigma
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

April!!? You've got to be joking.

Why are Virgin Media so absolutely awful at providing support information???

I've had an issue for 3-4 days in my area and I assumed the Xbox Live issues were related to that. The fix date/time has been pushed back 3 times now and it's still not fixed now. However, I went on Reddit earlier and looked at the Xbox One sub-Reddit and loads of people - not just from my area - are having issues with Live disconnecting on Virgin Media, yet I cannot get any info from them about it. Phone support says there's no issue. Twitter support says to phone them. Service status page doesn't mention anything about it. Staff on here are silent about it.

0 Kudos