Menu
Dialled in
Message 41 of 45 (112 Views)

Re: Virgin Server Problems

lambey332 wrote:

Right. i was told the issue was under review. its past review date and I still have problems with lag spikes and packet loss.

Extremely **bleep** off right now.

So you didn't cancel then...

what has Virgin advised,??

Also is there not alternative fibre broadband available to you, if gaming is so important I would recommend going over to xDSL service for best performance.... less jitter and also better ping in many cases.

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 42 of 45 (95 Views)

Nope, stuck with it.

They havent advised anything, useless **bleep** dont even read the **bleep** forums apparently.

Getting really sick of this **bleep**.

0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 43 of 45 (73 Views)

Can you not get BT Infinity type services at your address then??

I would say vote with your feet in your current situation Smiley Sad 

Currently I don't really suffer with any major issues like yours, a few things that annoy me but I'm at rest with the fact that for me its Virgin Media or 1.9Mb ADSL Smiley Frustrated

Though I am starting to wonder what happened to our network upgrades for upstream and also starting to wonder if there might be some SNR/Noise issues on the network...

If I don't get much further on here, I'll just end up emailing further up chain.

Does appear like they are choosing to ignore you at present though, however the swearing is only giving them the excuse for that.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 44 of 45 (53 Views)

Hello lambey332,

Thanks for keeping in touch Smiley Happy

Really sorry to read about the connection problems you're experiencing. What's the latest update from your end? I don't see any open faults at the moment so we'll need to do a bit more digging. We will help as much as we can to get this sorted out.

Catch you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 45 of 45 (35 Views)

Well ive screen shotted my current broadband monitor, you can see the latency spikes i get, along with the packet loss that sometimes happen.

snip.PNG

0 Kudos