Menu
lambey332
On our wavelength
Message 31 of 68
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Server Problems

your problem is similar to my original one. You have intermittent packet loss on your line. They will likely do some work and replace the router and reconfigure it when they get around to doing their job and responding.

My problem now is just intermittent lag spikes and very rare packet loss. Lost my 5 v 5 league of legends tournament today cause of lag, cost my team £1000 and now my teammates are **bleep** at me.Great one Virgin.

0 Kudos
Dougdadappadan
Joining in
Message 32 of 68
Flag for a moderator

Im literally having the exact same issue as you, they are really messing something up with the ISPs and limiting your net and capping all of us in some stupid absurd way, and the unstableness i cant even begin to explain what thatch so bad

0 Kudos
Osheen
Tuning in
Message 33 of 68
Flag for a moderator

Having this issue too. It started with bad ping spikes, now random packet loss is being thrown in now too. Can't play more than 10 mins while gaming without being timed out or rubber banding. 

0 Kudos
lambey332
On our wavelength
Message 34 of 68
Flag for a moderator

cancelling my virgin broadband today. advise everyone to do the same.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 35 of 68
Flag for a moderator

Hi Osheen, 

Thanks for getting in touch, I am sorry to see you have been having trouble with your connection. 

I have taken a look and it seems your upstream power levels are too high. I would like to get an engineer out to take a look at this for you. 

Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 36 of 68
Flag for a moderator

Hi lambey332, 

Thanks for getting in touch, I am sorry to see we have made you feel this way. 

I tried to take a look at your connection to see if there was anything that could be done to improve it but I was unable to locate the details. I will pop you a PM to get some more information and we will take it from there. Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
lambey332
On our wavelength
Message 37 of 68
Flag for a moderator

Right. i was told the issue was under review. its past review date and I still have problems with lag spikes and packet loss.

Extremely **bleep** off right now.

0 Kudos
Omar7733
Dialled in
Message 38 of 68
Flag for a moderator

I spoke to 1 of the managers from the CEO's team and I asked him do you even look at the forums sometimes to see what problems some of your customers are facing with Virgin Media Broadband. His response was "No It's a waste of time." That shows you what you need to know about this company they don't care about their customers and they have a very rude customer support team. 

Osheen
Tuning in
Message 39 of 68
Flag for a moderator

They came out to replace my router, now we've got a new problem today where the DL speed is pathetically slow and the ping is through the roof. Literally can't go more than a few months without some sort of problem. Absolute joke at this stage. 

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Up to speed
Message 40 of 68
Flag for a moderator

Sounds like you've moved on congested segments now... oops.

0 Kudos