Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 6 (112 Views)

Virgin Router was reset and now my VPN no longer works

Some time on Monday my virgin router (SH2) was reset. I didn't reset it but it defintely reset to factory like settings. I first noticed when my phone wouldn't login to wifi as the password was reset to the password on the superhub.

Now my VPN connection from a Linux gaming machine will no longer work. I've checked:

• as far as I can see I don't have websafe turned on
  • all of IPSec, PPTP and multicast are enabled in the firewall settings

I have a recollection I also had to set port forwarding for ports 500 and 4500. I've tried all this and I cannot get VPN to work again. No settings on my Linux machine changed - it is using OpenSwan.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 6 (101 Views)

Re: Virgin Router was reset and now my VPN no longer works

Check the superhub log if there was a firmware update, maybe its broken something with VPN.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 6 (89 Views)

The firewall log has one port scan, the parent control log is empty (as I'd expect) and the network log only contains:

12/09/2017  16:31:01  82000400  Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 time out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0; 

Is there somewhere else I can look?

The device status is:

Standard Specification CompliantEU DOCSIS 3.0
Serial Number2HA20BU000BF9
Hardware Version2.00
Software VersionV2.39.02
CM CertificateInstalled
0 Kudos
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 6 (85 Views)

If there was an update it would be in network log, like "SW Download INIT", "SW upgrade", etc

If you don't see it looks like its not what happened for you. Maybe (incompetent) support staff had reset your hub remotely.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 6 (81 Views)

Ok, thanks, it doesn't look like a software update.

Whatever happened I was here when it happened and I certainly didn't reset it.

Whatever, my problem is getting VPN working again when I foolishly forgot to make a note of the changes I made in the router.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 6 (78 Views)

mjevans wrote:

Whatever, my problem is getting VPN working again when I foolishly forgot to make a note of the changes I made in the router.

That's one of the reason I am using my own router and Superhub in modem mode - so VM can't mess it up Smiley Wink

But you can save all Superhub settings to file and restore them later - there is a command to do this in "advanced" menu.

0 Kudos