Menu
WbaCoop
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media Superhub2

Really struggling to get a stable connection on my xbox one, I play alot of games that require online stability 100% of the time (GTA, Destiny) I keep getting an intermittent connection. I have turned off my superhub today as i saw a post about a update, but apparently that is for a different superhub, i did it anyway, and when i turned it back on, there was no lights or anything so i left it for 15 as recommended and turned it back on, i presumed this was the update, but looking at 192.168.100.1 The software is still: V1.01.31

Now i have opened all the relevant ports, have spent hours upon hours on the phone to you and Microsoft, it is only my xbox that drops, nothing else, phones/tablets/laptops are all connected 100% of the time. i don't know what else it could be. any help on this would be great. 

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media Superhub2

Hi WbaCoop, 

Welcome to the forums, I am sorry to see you have been having trouble with your connection. 

I have taken a look and things look great from this side. 

The post you saw was an update for the Superhub 2 AC which is a different device. 

Are you using a wired or a wireless connection? If wireless try wired and let us know if it makes a difference. Pop the hub into Modem only mode and connect directly to the Xbox with an Ethernet cable. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
WbaCoop
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can't do wired as router is down stairs

Haven't ever had a problem before but suddenly since Xmas it's been a massive issue. I have gone out and brought another router and tried modem mode (which I shouldn't have to in the first place)

I have to keep switching back and forth from modem mode every time I want to change consoles. As I have both ps4 and xbox one.

I upgraded my Internet to 100mb speeds. From 50mb hoping it would help but clearly not. It might be handy if you guys send me the new superhub 3 as this will give me better wireless range. But you're refusing it on the phone when I call you because apparently my speeds are fine.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi WbaCoop

Thanks for getting back in touch I am sorry to see you have continued to have trouble with your connection. 

We are only able to swap like for like here on the forums so apologies I would not be able to get a Superhub 3 out for you from here. 

I have taken a look and the connection does look good from this side. We cannot guarantee the speed of a wireless connection because so many things can compromise the connection. 

Take a look at Getting the best Wireless Network Signal

How are the speeds and connection on the other devices? Do you have any devices that are connected via Ethernet if so how is the speed or connection with that device? 

Keep us posted. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos