Menu
Phoo87
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Very slow speeds while downloading > Xbox One

So, I haven't used my xbox for a while, but over the last few weeks, a few demo's have come out and the same pattern has happened.

Firstly: Fifa Demo, within 10-15minutes, I've downloaded 40% of about 20GB, after that, it hits a brick wall, and my 'current usage' speed goes anywhere from 500kb/s to about 2Mbit/s, and the download becomes painfully slow..

When the BO3 beta came out, same happened again, and this time I was monitoring the speeds.

The first 10-15minutes, the 'Current Usage' showed speeds of about 90-120Mbit/s in speeds, and the game hits 30-35% in rapid time, then all of a sudden, the speeds dropped to about 3Mbit...

After it taking forever to download, at 85%, I decided to reset my connection and then all of a sudden it downloaded at a much quicker rate.

Comes to the Fifa 16 game today, I am downloading it, and again, the first 5 or so minutes, the speeds where excellent, after that, bang, speeds are shocking.

I test my connection through the xbox, phone and laptop, and my average speeds show anywhere from 120-150mb, so why is it the download each time goes at a rapid speed, then drastically cuts out.

The xbox is connected through Ethernet. (Nat Type is open)

Can anybody help or suggest anything? Thank you

0 Kudos
fayz
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very slow speeds while downloading > Xbox One

i have the same issue, my downloads are capped at about 5mbit throughout the day & at midnight it shoots up to full speed and sometimes varies, it sounds like virgin are throttling download speeds.

0 Kudos
mr_m_beasley
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Trying changing your DNS on the Xbox One. This worked for me while downloading Black Ops 3 Beta. I was stuck at 20% just crawling speeds, i did this change and it went up faster and faster and faster.

In Network Settings, in advanced, change the;

PRIMARY DNS TO 8.8.8.8

&

SECONDARY DNS TO 8.8.4.4

Then in the same menu area, click 'Alternative Mac' hit 'Clear' then 'Reset Console.'

0 Kudos
annorax
Up to speed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

fayz wrote:

i have the same issue, my downloads are capped at about 5mbit throughout the day & at midnight it shoots up to full speed and sometimes varies, it sounds like virgin are throttling download speeds.

Have you ever thought that Microsoft could be the ones capping the download speeds as Sony cap the download speeds for the PS3 and the PS4.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Phoo87

Welcome to the forum. I've had a check on your hub and network segment, everything looks great Smiley Happy If your speed test results are fine from your other devices then that's good to hear, Xbox speed test results don't provide an accurate reflection of your broadband speed and don't forget that FIFA16 has just come out with a lot of people downloading it too Smiley Wink

Hope you have a good weekend

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos