Menu
steakcake
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Very high ping or ping bounces on League of Legends - EUW

Hi,

For the past week now, everytime I play League of Legends my ping which used to sit at a constant 29ms has been either extremely high or will bounce from 200ms to 3000ms+ for a few seconds which makes the game totally unplayable however yesterday I played three games, the first one my ping was incredibly high around 250ms average and bounced up to the highest number I recorded at almost 12000ms which is insane, I also had friends report that my voice on skype sounded a little robotic when the ping was this high. The second game I played though seemed to not be affected, the ping bounced twice during the entire game and it was settled around 90ms which is still a little high but not that bad, the last game I played though was again incredibly high ping and the lowest ping I saw for myself was 212ms.

After that game I looked up the server IP addresses for League of Legends EUW and then did a tracer in command prompt to see where the high ping was kicking in and it seemed that when the data was passed through Guildford (which is 200 miles away from where I am) the ping would spike to something like 450ms or higher and there was a small amount of packet loss.

I have also ruled out the lag from multiple devices slowing me down as last night I was the only one using the internet and the ping was still very high, finally I have the Virgin Media superhub 2 and am using the 2G band wirelessly as my wireless card doesn't support the 5G band however this has never been a problem in the past.

Can anybody help me get my ping back to a delicious 29ms?

Thanks in advance Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very high ping or ping bounces on League of Legends - EUW

Hi steakcake,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear you're suffering such high ping when gaming at the moment.  Have you noticed if this is happening more frequently during peak times, or at any other particular times of day?

I've tested your hub and the local network segment, everything looks great at the moment, so there's no obvious reason showing for why you've got these issues.  

Could you test with a wired connection please and see if the ping times are still as high?  When using wireless it's possible there's some form of interference causing problems.  Could you also re-run the traceroutes if wired is no better, and post the results here please?

Let me know how you get on.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Saraswati
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very high ping or ping bounces on League of Legends - EUW

I get the same issue, I suppose I'll make a separate post about this when it annoys me enough. Smiley Frustrated

0 Kudos