Menu
TerryAlexander
Tuning in
Message 1 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Very High Pings

Hello,

I am experiencing very high lag spikes in all my games (mostly Awesomenauts and Heroes of the Storm). The ping will spike up to 999 for a few seconds then back down to around 80.This makes the games unplayable. 

I have only noticed this is the past couple of months but it is becoming a real issue as I upgraded my broadband package mainly for gaming purposes.

Please let me know if anyone has experience any similar issues and how you fixed them.

Cheers,

T

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very High Pings

Hi TerryAlexander,

I'm really sorry to hear you're suffering from ping spikes, especially since this is having such a drastic effect on you using the connection.

I've tested everything on the hub, it looks like the upstream power levels are currently too high.  This will undoubtedly cause problems, I'd like to get an engineer out to fix that for you and get everything back to normal.

I'm sending you a PM so we can arrange a suitable appointment, drop me a reply when you get a minute, I'll take it from there Smiley Happy

Catch you soon!

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Hi TerryAlexander,

Just to let you know I've booked in an engineer and sent you a PM to confirm.

Let me know how you get on Smiley Happy

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
TerryAlexander
Tuning in
Message 4 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Hello again,

Today I had an engineer visit to reduce my power levels as they were too high and also install a new super hub 2. Unfortunately this has made my problem much worse.

I am now getting frequent disconnects from game severs (HotS, awesomnauts) and webpages are now taking ages to load after (usually) a error saying the webpage could not be found.

When speed tests are done the speeds are fine, its the stability of the connection that is still unreliable. 

Any help is appreciated.

T

0 Kudos
TerryAlexander
Tuning in
Message 5 of 45
Flag for a moderator

I can't even login to the superhub GUI... And typing this post has been a monumental exercise in patience.

0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 6 of 45
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
TerryAlexander
Tuning in
Message 7 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your suggestion but I have already tried this and it did not work.

I was thinking it may have been due to the windows 10 upgrade but I am also getting it on two laptops which are running windows 7.

I tried using skype last night but was unable to as my connection kept dropping out. The weird thing is that the latency monitor i am using is not showing any of these issues.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/b501369b14581395ed8108fa32b998ba.html

Is it a problem with the router itself? Should there have been some kind of setup from the engineer when it was installed? As far as I am aware he just plugged it in.

T

0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 8 of 45
Flag for a moderator

TerryAlexander wrote:

Thanks for your suggestion but I have already tried this and it did not work.

Connect by wire.

0 Kudos
TerryAlexander
Tuning in
Message 9 of 45
Flag for a moderator

The PC running windows 10 is connected via ethernet, the laptops are both wireless.

0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 10 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Reboot it again use IE disable your Antivirus.

What IP is your PC getting?
0 Kudos