Menu
volscente
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Very BAD Internet issue in Wandsworth!!!

I'm aware this is not the right forum but I don't know the reason why it is not letting me post in the right one....

Since May 2015 my broadband has been working really bad, I have been calling the customer service many times and every times I have been told that there is an issue with cables in Wandsworth due to be resolved in one month or so.... We are in November but my broadband continue to drop in speed and disconnect.

Just answer this question...WHAT IS IT GOING ON IN WANDSWORTH? I am sick and tired of listening to apologies and just want my "superfast" internet to work.... I'm tired to walk back home without knowing if I will have to spend one more evening with a super slow or no internet at all!

My account number is: [MOD EDIT]

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove personal and private information. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts on the forum. To send a Private Message (PM) please click the letter icon to the top right of your screen. You can review the Forum Guidelines on this here. Thanks] 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very BAD Internet issue in Wandsworth!!!

Hi Volscente,

Sorry to hear you've been getting poor speeds. I've just checked your connection and I can see you actually have three issues. One of which is that there is a peak time contention fault open in the area. This is under ticket F003636035 and is due for review 18/11/15. 

The other issues are your downstream and upstream power levels and will require a technician to visit and fix. I've just sent you a private message to arrange the best time for this.

Check the red envelope in the top left of the forum to view your messages.

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
6bkt9
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Wandsworth 4mb/s download on "60Mb super fast broadband"

volscente wrote:

I'm aware this is not the right forum but I don't know the reason why it is not letting me post in the right one....

Since May 2015 my broadband has been working really bad, I have been calling the customer service many times and every times I have been told that there is an issue with cables in Wandsworth due to be resolved in one month or so.... We are in November but my broadband continue to drop in speed and disconnect.

Just answer this question...WHAT IS IT GOING ON IN WANDSWORTH? I am sick and tired of listening to apologies and just want my "superfast" internet to work.... I'm tired to walk back home without knowing if I will have to spend one more evening with a super slow or no internet at all!

My account number is: [MOD EDIT]

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove personal and private information. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts on the forum. To send a Private Message (PM) please click the letter icon to the top right of your screen. You can review the Forum Guidelines on this here. Thanks] 

Hi there,

I'm in the same position. Months of 4mb/s download speeds, calls to Virginmedia and being told there is a fault.

When is this going to be fixed?  

How many other people are being affected by this?

I was told the original over contention fault was reported January 2015 and now it's January 2016!

0 Kudos