Menu
Celion
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

VM superhub 3 bufferbloat

I always had problems with jitter and packet loss while playing League of legends usually for 5-7 second every 3 minutes sometimes 4-5times in one minute. Had an superhub 2. Replaced it with anorher one. Nothing changed. Replaced it with superhub 3 again nothing changed. Does not matter if wireless or wired. Turned off every device în home leave only my laptop and desktop still issues. Does not matter if 3pm or 4am. If i reboot the superhub il looks like it works better for a while. I got a 70Mbs contract. I dont know what to do next. I even quit playing ranked, 5 sec of jitter and i ruined 4 other people game. Thinking to buy an qos router but it will do any good? What if the superhub is the failure. After reboot sometimes it takes up to 10 mins to stream wifi. What if the cables on the street are the problem.

Any advice would be gratefull.
0 Kudos
Andruser
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM superhub 3 bufferbloat

Since you've got through several hubs, it is most unlikely to be that.  The Hub 3 is worse than the SH2 you had, but not enough to stop you gaming.  So that means a network or configuration issue.  Could be a high noise ratio, incorrect power levels, or all manner of other stuff.  The good news is that a line problem can be fixed, whereas the Hub 3 will never be adequately fixed, and VM are in no hurry to even try.

Buying your own router will get you a better wifi connection in the house (the hubs are cheap and cheerless efforts, so the wifi is mediocre at best) but won't make a difference to latency or packet loss, since you say you have the same on wired connections.  And taking ten minutes to boot up and get ready is pretty normal for the Hub 3.

So, suggest you go into router status (no need to log in) and post your upstream and downstream data here.  That'll help the forum staff to see what might be going on, when they get round to your post which might take a few days.  Or you can call the tech support line, but I wouldn't recommend that myself.

Celion
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

here is the upstream and downstream info

Cable Modem Status
Item Status Comments
Acquired Downstream Channel(Hz)
Ranged Upstream Channel(Hz)
Provisioning State

I still have the old superhub 2 ac, I replaced it with shub3 because I tought it will be better, should I put it back? do I need to call tech for replacing it back?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear about the connection issues experienced Celion,

I've located your details and I'm unable to detect any cause for this via the equipment levels, etc., at the moment.

If you'd like to re-activate the former equipment in it's place, let me know and I will be more than happy to help with this.

Speak soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Celion
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Now im browsing for a good 1900ac router. What would you suggest to keep the sh3 or switch back to sh2 and use it as modem?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Celion,

I'd recommend seeing how this performs with the connected modem and if you continue to have trouble with this, we could then look to activate the Hub 2 in it's place?

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Celion
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have ordered an NETGEAR R7000-100UKS Nighthawk AC1900. Tomorrow it should be delivered.  I will install it and see how  it performs and I will come with feedback

0 Kudos