Menu
monstrum
Settling in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

VIVID 200 Gamer Slow

Hi,

This seems to be a common problem, but Ive just started with Virgin Media and the connection speed on various speed tests show about 80, no where near the 200 that gamer is advertised at.

Whats the best way of diagnosing the problem? Ive just started the contract so can still leave, I was getting nearly the same speed on talktalk fibre.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: VIVID 200 Gamer Slow

Are you using a wired Ethernet connection to the VM hub or a wireless connection? Wireless is easily disrupted by a number of external factors, so a wired test (with a gigabit Ethernet port and cat 5e or better cable) is the best way to get a true picture of what speed your line is able to achieve. It also helps to pinpoint if the issue is with the wireless or your line.

Are you seeing slow speeds all day or only at peak times (typically 4pm-11pm weekdays and weekends)? Some areas are suffering with over utilisation, which results in very slow speeds at peak times but full speed at off peak times.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: VIVID 200 Gamer Slow

Hi monstrum,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your speed.

I've run diagnostics on your equipment and the signal levels are looking great on this end.

If you can perform the checks that SCA1972, we can look into this further and try to resolve it for you.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos